My Snowman Applique

He is so cute. When I read your comment about using different weights of yarn to get different sizes, I wondered how big he would be if you made him in thread -- maybe earring size. I will have to try it out.

He would also make a cute ornament or package decoration. I am getting excited about him. Thanks.

He is so cute. When I read your comment about using different weights of yarn to get different sizes, I wondered how big he would be if you made him in thread -- maybe earring size. I will have to try it out.

He would also make a cute ornament or package decoration. I am getting excited about him. Thanks.

I cant work w./ thread, but I would love to see when your done and I forgot about gift tags. He could be a christmas tree ornament!

I made him in thread! He is darling. The directions were so easy. I didn't have black or orange thread so I made his hat and nose out of felt. I was going to use beads for the eyes and buttons, but when I was cutting the hat one little piece looked like a piece of coal so I also used felt for those things. I stuck a pin back on him. Not sure how I want to do the earring -- post or hook.

DSCN3700.jpg

I did make a few changes to get the different size circles. I don't know if it was because of my less than brilliant skill with thread or because of the firmness of thread compared to yarn, but even with the changes in hook sizes I couldn't get any noticeable difference in circle sizes.

For the small circle, I did the second row in sc instead of hdc. For the edging I did sc instead of slst around the large circle.

I love the way the circles are made and fit together on this pattern. You could sure have some fun with the technique.

Thanks again for this wonderful pattern. I am going to make more in thread and in yarn.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived