I have an order

The lady I made the Gold Rose afghan for wants another one. This time she wants the roses in red, yellow, pink, lavender, white and orange. The next round would be green since it represents leaves. I'm just wondering what should be the color for the last 2 rounds. It needs to be something that would coordinate with all 6 of those colors. I'm thinking of either a lighter mint green or an off white.

Any other suggestions?

The other afghan I made her can be seen in my blog here

I think the lighter green would be really pretty or maybe a light or bright shade of yellow, depending on which shade you were planning to use for the roses. I think a pale yellow would look really nice with all of the colors you listed or a baby blue for sky maybe.

that is sooooo pretty, i can certainly see why should wants another one:c9 looks so nice and yummmy:lol . i think i would use maybe a round of light green and then one of off white. or viseversa, i have found in the borders i make, ifi use more than one color, it reallllly stands out, which of course yours does already. but just a thought.:hug vicki

I like the thought of the lighter green and then an off-white. Would really make the flowers pop! All those ends though.....ack!

It's a beautiful afghan! :)

Thank you for the compliment, I really like the afghan, it's the first time I'd actually sat and made an entire afghan with blooming roses. I would always just make squares every now and then but never sat and made an afghan till the lady wanted one. My mom made a bunch of them a long time ago and would give them away.

I'll be going with one color for the last 2 rounds of the square since that's the way the pattern is written. As for the afghan borders, she had me use the gold, green and burgundy in it when I did that one when the pattern actually calls for 2 rounds of color C. But what are patterns? Just a guide and we modify them to suit our needs, I might be doing the afghan borders in all the colors or I might just do them with the 3rd color. It would depend on what she wants since it's her afghan, I'll have to ask when I get to that part.

I think I'm going with my original thought and using the mint green.

Thanks for all the help, guess I'm going yarn shopping this week :)

:frog

Yes, you guys helped a lot :)

Just getting other opinions helps more than some people may think.

You never know when someone will have a better idea than you have ;)

Thanks for the compliments :)

:frog

Archived