Emma Alpaca

While shopping the Goodwill store's toy bin for cheap dog toys I found a little brown alpaca named Emma! I had to rescue her and bring her home to a yarn-loving house! Here she is sunning in the flower bed. She's such a good girl, she hasn't nibbled a single flower!

EmmaAlpaca011.jpg

Emma looks adorable. But I think I see a little twinkle in her eyes!. She might have some mischief in her also! Tell us how she settles in!

• 4 months later...

Hi! I'm Heidi Bacon and I designed and made the beanie alpaca that you call Emma. I used to live near Greeley, CO raising alpacas on a small farm - what a great community of friends out there! Lots of creative people and I had friends who would sew/knit the beanies & hats & sweaters I designed which I sold at shows and online plus imported sweaters & teddy bears. I also had other paintings of alpacas that I put on t-shirts, mouse pads, mugs, totebags, etc. Nine years ago I moved to a small "Mayberry" type of town in Kansas and ended up doing something different. I'm a Realtor now and also a filmmaker working on a documentary about immigration called UNWANTED - you can watch the trailer at http://www.baconfilms.com If you want to reach me, try heidibacon@classicnet.net

I was very pleased to see how you've rescued Emma and have given her a better home. Tell her hello from me and have a great day!

EmmaAlpaca011.jpg

Here she is. I had cleaned out my Photobucket of old pictures but she's back now! Heidi, it's good to hear from Emma's "Mom"! I figured I'd someday find out where she came from. She now lives in my yarn basket safely tucked away from the pack of greyhounds that are usually draped across the floor and couch. But she's always close by for inspiration. She's kind of my mascot! She is in good condition in spite of being abandonded to the toy bin at Goodwill.

Archived