I'm Blind!

I have trouble seening my projects sometimes. I need one of those natural sunlight lamps ( a really good one ) the ones made specifically for needlework, and I'm not sure where you get one. Any suggestions? Even online would be great! Thanks!

I have trouble seening my projects sometimes. I need one of those natural sunlight lamps ( a really good one ) the ones made specifically for needlework, and I'm not sure where you get one. Any suggestions? Even online would be great! Thanks!

I saw something on the http://www.crochetwithdee.com/ site if that is what you are referring to.

You can actually just go to Home Depot and buy a sunlight bulb that works in your lamp. I have one and it works great.. I only paid I think it was 8.00 for it.. I cant remember which brand it is. I have two different kinds and the one is better than the other.. Beats paying over 100 for a lamp..

**EDIT found a old msg that I had posted this about on another group of mine.. I have had this bulb now for three years..

Here is the two kinds that I had bought..

The daylight bulbs that are

just like the OTT lamps that cost 200.00. I have the 14.99 phillips daylight bulb as well as another brand

Commercial Electric for 7.99. The 7.99 I think is better as it brings out more brightness than the phillips.the good thing about it, these bulbs take less energy, they are cost saving and they last for 7yrs..So the money is well worth the cost..

I'd love to have one of those lamps, but they're hideously expensive. If money is a problem, first try one of those spiral fluorescent bulbs. They fit in almost any lamp, they're much closer to natural light than regular incandescents, and they're only about seven or eight dollars. You can buy them in any well stocked grocery store, Target, Home Depot, etc.

I went to Target and bought a lamp that has 5 arms for bulbs. Each arm moves, so you can position it to the spot you need. I also bought 100 watt flourcent bulbs to put in the lamp (less heat). I can have 1 - 2 - 3 or 5 lamps lit. When I work with black thread or a dark color thread, I need the extra light. This works great.

I agree with Cathey (emeralsmoon). You do not have to pay an arm and a leg for a lamp and bulbs.

Lamp $29 Bulbs 3 for $10

MoreLight.jpg

Archived