any Hoosiers here

theworm

Bloomington seems like such a nice town. We have a few nieces near Indy and a LOT of family in Fort Wayne and northern Indiana. I'll know for sure if and when we're moving within the week, but I'm excited about it. I think it will be a nice change. :)

Bloomington is a nice town, I used to live there--from about the middle of the 80s to the middle of the 90s--going to school for part of the time then just living and working there. There's lots of students! But having a university there provides more cultural opportunities--they have a great art museum and the Lilly library is famous for its collections of rare books. Away from the university, there is a good Arts Center--lots of local theatre. The downtown is a nice place to walk around--and lots of good restaurants.

Of course I lived there BC--Before Crochet. But a friend and I actually wove a blanket at a yarn store there, so there should be a yarn store!

Bloomington is a really nice town. Plus, there's a cool yarn store near the IU campus. I grew up in Fort Wayne and live in Indy now. My best friend spent a few years living in Bloomington, it seemed like a good place to live. With the university, there's a lot of cultural opportunities there and Indianapolis is about an hour away. Lots to see and do in Indianapolis.

don't think I didn't check out that yarn store after my interview!!! It's very nice. Lots of spinning wheels and looms, too!!!!

Yes, I like the town a lot and there is quite a bit to do for such a small city.

We have a lot of family in Indy and even more in Fort Wayne and north of Fort Wayne, so I'm hoping this will work out. It would be great!

• 2 months later...
I'm 30mins. away. Do you go to Southlake Mall alot?

Carol:hook

Go there...I live practically across the street from it! You know where the Wal-Mart is? I live right behind there. There is a subdivision on the right hand side along Sam's Club...that's ME! Where do you live?

Do you ever come to Lowell?

Carol:hook

Go there...I live practically across the street from it! You know where the Wal-Mart is? I live right behind there. There is a subdivision on the right hand side along Sam's Club...that's ME! Where do you live?

Are there any good lys around the mall area (Merrillville, or Hobart, whatever it is considered nowadays! LOL) Or in Lowell? I know Hobby Lobby has a good selection, and I go to Michaels in Valpo......also I haven't been to Sheeps Clothing yet... :( But I plan on going after Christmas. I graduated in '90 from Portage. My sister lives in Lake Station and I used to live in New Chicago, for a few years anyway when I was newly married. Right across the street from the fire station in the brick house on the hill. I'm a school bus driver, so whenever I'm out on a field trip, or athletic trip, I like to get to the local craft stores and see what they have. Which I usually end up spending all the money I've made on that trip! LOL

Are there any good lys around the mall area (Merrillville, or Hobart, whatever it is considered nowadays! LOL) Or in Lowell? I know Hobby Lobby has a good selection, and I go to Michaels in Valpo......also I haven't been to Sheeps Clothing yet... :( But I plan on going after Christmas. I graduated in '90 from Portage. My sister lives in Lake Station and I used to live in New Chicago, for a few years anyway when I was newly married. Right across the street from the fire station in the brick house on the hill. I'm a school bus driver, so whenever I'm out on a field trip, or athletic trip, I like to get to the local craft stores and see what they have. Which I usually end up spending all the money I've made on that trip! LOL

How funny...what a small world! I used to live in PineVillage trailer park right there! We live in Merrillville now and of course there is the Hobby Lobby and Michaels and I also like JoAnn's. I have never been to Sheeps Clothing but would like to go as well. I am a bit older than you, I graduated in 77 from Lake Station. Go Eagles!!! I was in Valp today for Shipshewana on the Road!

Archived