Walking Harness for Anya

kim112398

that is VERY smart. i remember those 'leashes' when my children were young and sometimes people look at you as if "how dare you" but when you're in a store or anywhere with a toddler, it's much more secure to know where they're at.

it's very pretty!

that is VERY smart. i remember those 'leashes' when my children were young and sometimes people look at you as if "how dare you" but when you're in a store or anywhere with a toddler, it's much more secure to know where they're at.

it's very pretty!

I remeber my oldest in a full harness and someone called her a dog my sister-in-law almost killed them

I remember the dirty looks, but I didn't care as I wasn't going to lose my son. Josh has Asperger's Syndrome, a form of Autism. He would get distracted and just wander off. After using the harness, I never lost him again.

Every child is different and sometimes you have to use different methods to raise them. Nowdays, it's too scary to lose a child. People are out there ready to hurt them and take them from you.

In my time, we had big carriages when our children were younger. We always had a harness that went around the body and straps on each side to attach to each side of the carriage to keep them put. Quite often I left the harness on when I took my children in to a store. This way I could hang on to them and they couldn't get lost. One time one of them walked away from me and hid herself behind the sliding door of the cabinet underneath a sale table in a dept. store. That was the last time I let her out of the harness. These days there are so many perverts around. I fully support the idea of keeping a child near you, regardless of what strangers think of you.

my mom used one on me, it had big bird on it :D

she also got the "omg you're treating her like a dog" attitude from people

she'd just tell them at least i know where she is and shes not running around the store

ive seen a lot of kids who could use um

We had antique highchair with no straps, so I bought a harness for it. I ended up using the harness on my son and attached one of the store bought curly wrist things on the back. This way Michael's hand were free but he was still attached to me.

Great Idea!! I had a one that was a fanny pack that went around the child's waist and snapped closed and I had a strap that I put around my wrist. The fanny pack was where my son kept his little treasures, so he didn't mind it so much.

It looks a lot kinder than the shop bought ones that cut into their wrists. As a nursery nurse I beleive in better safe than sorry. So go out and use it. its better to have a little one on a "leash" than lost causing you greif and stress. If anyone says anything tell them to mind their own business. I usually just threaten the kids I look after by saying "do you want me to put you on a lead?" they usually stay near but you need eyes in the back of your head to keep an eye on them.

good idea though. I might make one and use it as a threat. I will make a pink one and a blue. good luck love sian xxx

Archived