Just wondering...repetitive vs complex patterns...

absolutely switch back and forth... i have several WIPs (more than 10!) they are NOT UFOs, and I love to switch back and forth not only from complex to repetative, but also projects with different colors and yarns.:hook

I am a switcher. I can not ever sit with nothing to crochet. So i use the repetitive no need to llok at pattern projects for car trips (if i read in the care i throw up) movie theaters with my lighted hooks, once DH goes to bed witht he lighted hooks. But if I am outside during the late afternoon, at lunch at work or just "watching" tv ( i rarely watch but always listen) then I pick up challenging thingies.

It depends. :blush

I keep a project at work to do at lunch and I like that one to be fairly repetitive and mindless. Makes it easy to pick up and drop at any time.

At home, I tend to alternate between complex projects and easy ones. I just bought a book of Terry Kimbrough baby blankets and those will take a little more concentration than say the lumberjack flannelghan I'm working on now.

I do both too. Some days I want to crochet, but dont have the concentration power to follow a really detailed pattern, so I need a brainless pattern. but sometimes I need a bit of a challenge. But when I'm taking on a new challenging project I need peace and quiet, which is hard with my family.........lol.........

I seem to be like most who have answered this post - I like both and switch back and forth depending on the circumstance.

Since I love to crochet, I'll do ANYTHING! Repetitive is relative, in my opinion. In[/url] this post, I announced the completion of a bedspread/blanket for my son. The pattern was repetitive, but complex ( the repetition was 16 stitches by 18 rows) so I lost track many times in the beginning, until I didn't have to look at the pattern anymore.

Complex can also be repetitive. I tried a scarf pattern that had one type of stitch in row 1, another in row 2 and another in row 3. Then it said repeat rows 1, 2 and 3 over and over to half as long as you wanted. Then work row 2 and 1 once, then reverse the order to 3, 2 and 1. When it was done, there was suposed to be a row 3 in the center and counting from each end, a row 1 then 2 then 3. It came out lopsided. Frogged it and did dc instead.

Ellie 13

I like complex patterns for my morning crocheting, when the house is quiet. However, for watching TV or WIPs that I take along with me places, I like repetitious patterns.

my last project was repetitive, which was nice cuz i could just about veg out and still do my project.. sometimes though a nice challenging pattern is needed.

Archived