Bright Rainbow Blended Round Ripple

andersonsrus

Question

I also was thinking of doing a bright blended round ripple.

How would that look. I was thinking something like:

red/red

red/orange

orange/orange

oramge/yellow

yellow/yellow

yellow/green

green/green

green/blue

blue/blue

blue/purple

purple/purple

Have no ideas how this would look or how many rows etc.

Has anyone done anything like this. Thought since it's for a baby boy this maybe better than the pastels. A pic ?

Any help???

16 answers to this question

by coincidence, my daughter has picked out the colors and shape of her afghan after i told her many of the possible combinations. She wants a pastel rainbow pattern radiating outward. so, probably a a round ripple unless she specifies no ripple, then i'll just do plain round. I already have that Aztec Sun pattern in a small leisure arts booklet - called Favorites something, i think.

I like the Q hook, so i think i am going to start with 3 banana yellow strands (Bernat Satin will be what i buy, i think), and shift into the next color one strand at a time per row, stopping when I reach about 60" wide.

that's me plan, hope to start next week (finishing other daughter's yarn color sampler this week, will post pic in show & tell home dec.).

- j

I made a pastel blended round ripple a few months ago with baby coordinates. I changed every two rows. So it went...

2 rows white/white

2 rows white/yellow

2 rows yellow/yellow

2 rows yellow/peach

2 rows peach/peach

2 rows peach/pink

2 rows pink/pink.....

and so on till I got to the end. It came out a good size for a baby blanket. Here's a pic.

tmpphp92rkW9.jpg

Hope that helps!!

I have read alot of the posts about round ripples and I have a question. I was trying to start a blended round ripple, but only got as far as row 6 before I stopped. It's curling up.......does this eventually stop? I know my stitch count is right, but the curling concerns me. I have alot of crochet experience but it's mostly easier stuff. One piece baby blankets, regular ripples, granny squares. I've never had a problem with stuff rippling up and I always use a hook one size bigger for the first row and then reduce down a size for the actual project just to make sure the first row isn't too tight. Also, when using 2 strands together, my round ripple felt really thick even though it was very light weight baby yarn. Maybe I'm just used to working with the thinner baby yarns and this takes getting used to too?

Thanks so much everyone! I know I can always come here and get answers!

Terry

I did one last year as a graduation gift. It was beautiful with the blended changes in color. But...darn...I didn't take any pictures of it!!! Trust me...your will like the way it works-up!!!

I would do it in the brighter colors it can be used a lot longer then just for when he is a baby then. The amount of rows is up to you whatever you do will turn out great!

Archived