I'm Falling For You .......................

JulieKay

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used the Caron SS Brites for my summer breeze quilt. I made it exactly the way I made the Ohio Star with RHSS. So far it's held up nicely. It hasn't been used as it doesn't have a home yet. But it's been washed twice. I did join it with Julie's joining method. It was pretty easy to work with and it had a softer feel to it then the other.

Gina, you picked out some very pretty colors. The block is coming along great.

thanks guys. i finished the last three squares i needed to finish my first block. i will sew it together and post a picture when i do!

my girlfriend was looking at the atw & fallghan you are working on shay. she said wow! theyre beautiful. shes even farther along than you are! lol like that is so amazing. she doesnt know anyone else who crochets so she thinks i am so fast!

Gina

Thats looking great....don't you just love the fall colors??Would love to see what you're friend has done.

Since everyone says they have had good luck with working with simply soft i think i am going to start getting the brites together to make one for my Gracie baby when im done with this one....i think it will be so bright and cheery for her.I will do like Tabby says and weave them in extra good to make sure it holds.:yes

Thanks! I am really happy with the beginning part of my fallghan so far.

Shay-my girlfriend(tashia) doesn't crochet. With the exception of a couple girls I used to work with when I was a 911 operator,(and I taught them) I don't know anyone but you all that crochet, or really, do anything creative.

Thanks! I am really happy with the beginning part of my fallghan so far.

Shay-my girlfriend(tashia) doesn't crochet. With the exception of a couple girls I used to work with when I was a 911 operator,(and I taught them) I don't know anyone but you all that crochet, or really, do anything creative.

The world is missong out on a lot of fun!! We're such a happy bunch here:hook

OFF TOPIC: I met a very pregnant young woman at the crafts shelves in Barnes & Noble...I told her about us - I forgot to get her first name...maybe she'll show up here one day! She's an experienced crocheter.

Yeah,the more the merrier.

I got my block sewn together. Man! There are a LOT of ends to weave in. I am going to start making little squares for my second block tonite. I didn't get as much done as I wanted to this weekend. Too much going on. My mom has heart problems and right now her heart is only pumping at 10%, when she said a "normal" person's heart pumps at 55%. She is only 59 years old and has already had a valve replaced and a pacemaker put in. She had breast cancer also a few years back and dr's are saying that it is possible that radiation and chemo weakened her heart more.

I'm doing join-as-you-go. I was concerned about it not lying flat, but once I get a diamond sourrounded on all 4 sides by other diamonds it's better. Still not as flat as it would be sewing them together, but I'm OK with it.

Wow. It is going to be beautiful. I was looking at the pic and it looks like it is laying pretty flat now.

Thanks - I did a lot of "smoothing out" before I took the pic, but yeah, it's not curling up too much.

Diane, I am really diggin on your graph. I may have to use one to make an ghan for my bed. They are just too cute but I am going to have to tweak the colors to match my decor.

It's so hot outside, so I play with more designs. They might not be fall themes. I am sure someone can use fall colors.

th_suncrosses-1.png(sun crosses - can add purples and greens too)

th_rainbowpuzzles.png(rainbow puzzles - good for scraps and can be simplified down to four blocks of color combinations)

Archived