I'm Falling For You .......................

JulieKay

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Donna - it depends on if you want your afghan to turn out the same as the final size published. If you DO, you want your diamond to be 4 x 6 (or whatever it was). Not the whole ROUND, just one diamond should be those measurements from point to point.

Mine were pretty close to that size, and my ghan turned out the right overall size.

Gauge is the bain of my existence, however, by some miracle, my motifs came out pretty darn close to the size it said on the pattern - with the recommended hook size. Sounds like you're on the right track, Donna.

Alright here's another question about the PS. When you do it as a join as you go is it holey? And does it seem to have a ridge where it's joined? I like the ease of joining as I go but not sureif I like this ridge. Maybe if I give it a bit since this is only the second motif.

Donna,

The answer is YES and YES.

It's not my favorite method of joining, but it really doesn't look bad once it's done. Although, I didn't make it for myself - it went to someone else, so I'm not sure how it holds up during use, with that joining method. I don't know if the joins stretch out and make it holey. You sure could change it and stitch it, but it will take a LONG tim to finish it.

LOL Krystal I know that would take "foreeever" as my girls say. :lol Barbara aren't you sewing yours together? I'm just not sure if I want another sew together project right now. I have two quilts and a comfortghan I'm working on right now and those three require sewing. Not to mention a few other items that are on the back burner once again :lol

For whoever it was that changed it to sewing them together is it alot more work to do?

Okay just looked it up and it is Shaylen that is doing the sewing together.

I've looked at alot of your PS pictures. (yes I've been on here pretty much all day between breaking up fights and feeding kids :blush) and I think I'm going to stick with the JAYG method. It doesn't look too bad once you get more on there so I'm going to keep going this way.

Yep, Donna - I was concerned about those same issues when I started my PS, but the ridge seems to become less prominent as you keep going. Like Krystal said, don't know how it does over time with use - I'm planning on giving mine to my Mom and I know she won't be too hard on it so I'm not too worried.

Barb that makes me feel lots better about it. I'm not sure what's going to happen to this one yet. As of right now it's homeless. lol But I'm sure it'll find a home quickly once it's finished. All the other ones have so far. :lol

Gina, I'm sorry I can't help you with trying it left handed. Good luck.

I had trouble with the JAYG being RIGHT handed... Hmm.... let me see if I can remember what I finally figured out.

I *think* you insert your hook "under" the loop you're inserting into, but keep your yarn to the right of your hook (for you, it would be to the left). That way, your yarn over grabs the yarn inside the hole, your hook comes under the loop, then your last YO "secures" your stitch on the other diamond.

Hope that makes sense....

Hi Ladies. I'm determined to get started on this today or tomorrow...after a trip to Hobby Lobby. :hook I need to play with the pattern a little more, but I am stealing ideas from everyone :lol and adding Lucky, the Cat. Have a great day.:manyheart

Okay, I have shamelessly used patterns from Cara, Tabby, Shaylen (and probably more :blush ), and added Lucky, the Cat. I may change the leaves, but it's about ready to go! Any suggestions or ideas are welcome. :D

(Clickable)

th_FallGhan-1.png

Okay, I have shamelessly used patterns from Cara, Tabby, Shaylen (and probably more :blush ), and added Lucky, the Cat. I may change the leaves, but it's about ready to go! Any suggestions or ideas are welcome. :D

(Clickable)

th_FallGhan-1.png

Great job Mary, that looks awesome. :cheer

Archived