Hello From Florida

Yarnster

Hello everyone :hi

My name is Wendy, I'm 26 years old and the oldest of 7 kids, the youngest being my 7 year old sister. I love crocheting for her. I've been crocheting off and on since I was about 8 years old. My fiance encouraged me to pick up the hook again to help with my moving away from home last year. Which was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I always thought I couldn't wait to leave home and be out on my own but once I left Texas to try living in Florida with my fiance I soon realised that leaving my family wasn't easy. I missed them more than I ever thought I would :(

My fiance asked my father for permission to marry me on march 14 2005 and my dad approved of him and gave us his blessings. :manyheart

So now we're moving to Texas because he loved it there and to plan the wedding and since my entire family lives there, I'll have them near me again.

Since I'm planning my wedding, I am now on a strict budget and can't buy patterns or books anymore. My fiance still takes me to my LYS when they have sales but that doesn't happen too often since I feel guilty buying it sometimes.

Well I've gone on and on and I hope I didn't bore anyone.

I love this forum! :manyheart Everyone here has such talent! I hope to learn a few tips and tricks from ya'll. I recently learned how to read patterns and I feel like I can create anything out there. It feels great!

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this wonderful forum :)

-Wendy

Welcome to Crochetville Wendy! :welcome

What part of Texas are you from? I grew up in the Houston area (Spring for many years and Friendswood later). I now live in Las Vegas and after four years of being away from family, I just couldn't take it anymore so we'll be heading back in May. :)

I grew up in Austin which I miss so much. I've lived in Tampa, FL for a little over a year now and can't wait to get back.

Don't get me wrong though, I love it here in Florida, I just miss my family and I miss the Texas weather.

Hi Wendy! I live in Riverview, just south of Tampa, but was born and raised in Tampa =) Welcome to the board, glad to hear you get to go back to be with your family, I know I'd miss mine, shame though, would be nice to know a local crocheter, especially one so close to my age =) :hug

I know the feeling. I'm the only one who crochets in my family and I don't know anyone in Austin that crochets either. Which is why I'm so happy to know these boards exist! :hook I'll still have people to share ideas with so I wont feel like I'm doing everything alone.

Welcome! :hug Glad you found us!

I am also the only one in my family who crochets...my mom knits one thing - slippers - and cusses up a blue streak every time she does - so no one really understands my obsession :D I did manage to annoy my mom last time she was cussing at her needles while trying to cast on and managed to cast on for her the first time I ever tried it....lets just say that for self-preservation I am sticking to crochet! Those kitting needles can do some damage! :devil

Welcome to a great message board.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding.

Have you thought about crocheting your own dress yet??

Terri :yay

Actually, I have thought about it for a long time but I have not been very lucky in my search for wedding patterns :(

Also, I think my mom wants to have a hand in picking out a dress. I didn't know how big this event was going to be until I saw my mom calling everyone of my relatives to let them know that there is going to be a wedding in the family... (The first wedding in over 15 years) I realized that it wasn't just my wedding.. but my entire family's as well.

Most of my cousins didn't get married but rather just moved in with their boyfriends and some of them had no choice because of a pregnancy. So my fiance and I kind of have no choice but to give everyone the wedding they've all been waiting for all these years.

You know, when my fiance asked me if we were going to have a small wedding or a big one.. I told him "Just Family" which is about.. 350 people and thats only aunts, uncles, their kids and their grand kids :lol He almost fell over :lol

:manyheartWelcome to the board Wendy,

I live in Oklahoma currently, but i have a ton of friends down in Austin area....so perhaps when you get back there, and I'm down there visiting, we can hook up. LOL i made a funny. sorry. :)

I hope you enjoy being on this forum as much as I do.

:ghugXOXO rori

Archived