My first attempt....

.... in dying thread :cheer It is size 50, cotton thread. I wanted to try this for a long time and i came up with this.... What do you think?

IMG_5772mikro-full.jpg

Johnny s looking at the weird thing that spins :devil

IMG_5773mikro-full.jpg

and this is it finished....

IMG_5784mikro-full.jpg

Very pretty. I love the colors. Isn't it always the way, my dog use to lay on everything I made and stuck his head in my yarn bags all the time. They are so cute.:hook

Thank you :) Yeap Johnny always has to check everything I do :lol it s in case there s something dangerous in :lol fortunatelly he knows these are not his toys :)

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I would love to learn to do that someday. :)

Our puppy got out of his crate last night while we were at the movies...chewed up my brand new pair of crocs, strung yarn all over the place, chewed up my crochet hook case (one from WM), chewed on the phone a bit...I was so MAD :angry . But, he is a puppy (about 6 months old now) and it's all a learning process. Thankfully, other than the shoes (crocs) and the crochet case, nothing else was demolished. Turns out his crate (we got it from my SIL) didn't have latches, so my son was using pipe cleaners to keep it closed!! :lol We have strong wire now, and we'll get cotter pins this weekend. That should help. MY dog, of course, would never have done that! :lol

Yours is a handsome dog, and I think he agrees with all of us how beautiful it is!! :clap

he is a puppy (about 6 months old now)

The best and the worst age :lol we found Johnny when he was 5 weeks old, someone had left him out :eek Fortunately he only overed chewed on a shoe... nothing else :clap

Thank you all for your nice comments :manyheart

It looks wonderful, the thread that is! It is so easy to get distracted by a fur baby! I have bought some thread and some dyes but never got any further than that. Now it is back on my to do list, but I've been thinking of using kool-aid instead of the dye. What did you use?

• 2 weeks later...
The exact name is Marabu textil www.marabu-kreativ.de They are washable at 40C and they were pretty easy to use and not messy.

Is this Marabu dye pernament?

Does it wash out with washings? sometimes koolaid does. I have done the tea dyes and its a very different tan shade of Ecru you can buy. I sure like to know your thoughts on this dye..

I used paint once and it did not work at all.

Hi, this was the first time I tried them (this is why i bought the tiny ones :) ) I have washed it twice and it didn't wash out at all. This is actually for painting on t-shirts and things and not dying threads :lol so it says after painting whatever you want to iron for 3 mins over a towel.... I just put the thread in the microwaves for 3 mins, took it off, washed it and let it dry. I made a little swatch that i washed and it s fine so far :) I hope i helped :manyheart

Archived