How tempted are you to go to a yarn store every day?

boo1

Or how many times a week?

I want to go EVERY day, looking for unexpected sales or new stuff! It's killing me not to go now, but I'm waiting for the doctor to call. Might have to get my "fix" after that.

i really really want to go everyday, but with the price of gas and two whiney kids ( well somedays they are whiney) i choose to go about once a week or less. plus the only "yarn stores" here are wal-mart, sadly small, joanns sadly pathetic, Hobby Lobby and a store called yarnotopia that sounds very promising. haven't been there yet. waiting till payday and i can blow my 30 dollar budget on yarn. whoo hoo!!

I wish i could go every day, but I end up going once every couple of weeks or so. I'm on a tight budget right now, and I can't leave without buying something. I do look at the yarn at Walmart every week when I do my grocery shopping though.

I was tempted when I had a tiny little stash - but now that I've got tons of yarn waiting to be made into something, the urge isn't there as much. I haven't bought any new yarn in two months now because I have so much (inherited a HUGE bag when my grandma passed away in April). I have gone into Michael's a couple times since because I am looking for Vanna White's new yarn (and they never have it!) but haven't bought anything.

YES it kills me sometimes. I see yarns online or something and just want to buy. But then I remember my stash and the fact that I NEED to use some of it up first. I am soooo too well aware of how much stash I have right now due to indexing it on Ravelry LOL.

But then I see stuff on sale and find that... well, I don't have anything like that yet, so once in a while I break down and buy if something great is on sale for a great price! :manyheart:hook:blush:devil

like I just did on herrschners.com :yarn But, at least it has been a while since I bought any yarn. Yeah, that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.

I have a particularly HORRIBLE time of it, because I have a LYS right down the street from where I work. When I'm having a stressful day, it's so tempting to zip down the street to visit the skeins. However, after surveying my stash the other day, I've decided I really need to cut back :lol .

• 2 weeks later...

I have Michaels and Joanns in the same plaza 3 minutes from my house one way and AC Moore 3 minutes from my house the other way. I go in spurts...sometimes I go each week when the sale starts, love those 40% off coupons. Then I may go a month or two without going at all. Two months ago I bought over 120 skeins of yarn at Joanns when they had a huge clearance sale (I went in three trips over the week when I kept finding new places to put more yarn). So I've only gone a couple times when I needed specific yarn for a specific project. I also buy anything scrapbooking/cardmaking related so I get that stuff a lot too.

Archived