TOTC Restocked 4/4

Just wanted to post that Bill has restocked the hooks. There are some really nice ones up there.

where are they advertised?

Here they are!

I absolutely love my TOTC hooks. I started a baby sweater the other day and it seems to work up so much faster with the TOTC hook. Not sure why, maybe it's just that I :manyheart working with the hook so much. :)

no, they aren't. They come in seperate cardboard tubes that you can label and store them in. I just know mine by look :) I choose different woods for different sizes :) He has a gauge you can purchase that will help you figure out sizes for the hooks too.

Yay, yay, yay! I put an order in for two. And now that the light has changed in my computer room and I see new details in every hook I think I want more. Am limiting myself to one complete set though, lol.

Yay, yay, yay! I put an order in for two. And now that the light has changed in my computer room and I see new details in every hook I think I want more. Am limiting myself to one complete set though, lol.

:hug That's what I said too... I have two sets.

So far. :fame

Personally I don't know, but Bill is great and very good about responding to emails. :hook I'd write and ask him if I were you, that would be a blast to get to see how he does it if he's set up for people to stop by. I wouldn't be surprised though if it was in his home.

I just ordered some myself. Can't wait to get them. Does anyone know how they compare to Brittany hooks? I have a set of Brittanys' and love them. :knit

Does anyone know how they compare to Brittany hooks? I have a set of Brittanys' and love them. :knit

Personally, I like them better than the Brittanys... I think if you like the Brittany hooks, you'll love the TOTC hooks!

[it is requiring a lot of restraint from me not to order more TOTC hooks! :) ]

Yay, Bill emailed me and I got the ones I requested. K-3 and G-17. I already have an H hook or I'd have tried for the H-23. Hope someone here gets it, lol.

Which ones did you order Diamond?

How long did it take to hear a response? I emailed him last night, and just hope to hear back soon! Especially if they are as popular as you ladies are making them out to be :hook

I ordered some yesterday and within an hour he emailed me a receipt along with info that someone beat me to one that I had ordered. So I chose another and immediately got a confirmation back that my order was accepted and would be shipped immediately.

What's great is that he immediately marks on the web site the ones you chose so no one else can pick that particular hook. So there's no question about 'what if' which ones you want. The ones unmarked are availabe. The ones marked SOLD next to the number are not available. Simple. :knit

Moma they are as niceas we make them out to be, lol. And I think Bill is amazing with his customer service. He's always answered any email I send within 24 hours (most in no where near that amount of time), he responds just as quickly after you make your payment and the shipping is unbeatable. I ordered on the 4th and they're here already.

WOW! I ordered my TOTC hooks on the 4th and got them today. Talk about fast shipping! I love them. Am going to try them out right now!! :hook

WOW, maybe mine will be here today. I ordered 2. I hope they weren't the ones you want diamond :blush

I'm cool! Got what I want and love them. Hope I didn't get your's Moma! I got 6 of them. Just kinda wish he marked them tho. They came with no markings on the hooks or the round tubes they came in. Gonna have to get out my hook chart and mark 'em somehow without ruining the overall look of them. Anyone got any great ways of marking these gorgeous hooks without it being gaudy or ruining them? :hook

you mean the container them come in aren't marked either?

YES< ANYONE?

I just checked again, on the ends and everywhere....no markings. They came in a black tube....sorta like a cigar tube. Once I figure out which hooks are which, then I'll mark the tubes. That might help, but only if I don't eventually mix up the hooks. :hook

If you ordered different kinds of wood, that gives it away right there. He gives little cards with them so you can match up the right woods with the cards and know what size it is. I've heard of some people getting the scrapbooking letters and just putting a letter on the black tube.

I just know which ones are which by the woods I order them in. And obviously, an F is much smaller than an I :)

He gives little cards with them so you can match up the right woods with the cards and know what size it is.

Aw, when I got mine, they didn't come with cards. :cry

That said, I got different kinds of wood for each and, well, I generally don't check the size of a non-steel hook before using it; I can tell approximately what size I need for what yarn.

I use my TOTC hooks all the time when I'm not working with thread or sock yarn. :lol I've thought about labelling the tubes with scrapbook digits or even a metallic paint-pen. As for labelling the hooks, the only ideas I came up with I didn't want to do (carving the mm into the end).

If you ordered different kinds of wood, that gives it away right there.

Well, I wish I would have thought of that :blush

I've heard of some people getting the scrapbooking letters and just putting a letter on the black tube.

Do you think it would be bad if I put the sticker on the hook? I doubt all of the tubes would fit in my hooks case.

Archived