Hi All!

Starpoint Lee

Hi all :hi,

I am new to this group, and hope to participate more as soon as I figure out how to use the message board :).

My name is Lisa, I'm a special ed teacher, and live in a lake community in the little-known and beautiful Lakeland/Highlands of northwestern NJ with my husband, 14 year-old boy/girl twins, two cats and a dog. ( NJ isn't only the Turnpike and petro-chemical plants :wink ) -- Any other Jersey Girls out there???

I'm an avid crocheter and have been crocheting (in spurts) since I'm about 10. My mom is a master-knitter (I swear, she could knit a refridgerator), but for some reason, I've never been able to conquer the art of knitting, even though we're both lefties, but I'm not too bad a crocheter.

Crocheting keeps me sane, is my therapy, and is a much-loved creative outlet. I crochet for my family, gifts, and also for the neonatoal intensive care unit of my local hospital. (If anyone can direct me to some crochet patterns for preemie burial gowns, I'd be grateful. There are lots of hats, booties and blanket patterns out there, but I have trouble finding burial gown patterns to crochet).

I'm also an avid reader (sci-fi, mystery/espionage, historical fiction), a sane and normal Trekkie, and a (very) amateur stargazer.

I am VERY happy to find this group, and hope I can contribute to it (as soon as I'm oriented :confused, and can find my way back here to read any replies).

Glad to be here,

Lisa

Starpoint Lee

(I hope I did this right; that starting a "new post" is done by starting a New Thread :think)

Welcome sane and normal fellow Trekkie!:rock

This is a wonderful community, and it's great to have you here.

(Sorry, I'm not a Jersey girl. I'm Virginian through and through.)

:dog

:welcomeLisa! I guess you could say that I am a Jersey neighbor once you jump the little "pond" that is between us! :jumpyay I hope that you enjoy it here! :yay

Cheers!

Hi Dogymom, Kimberly, Swayde and Bron :),

Good to meet you, and good to meet some more Trekkies. You'd probably recognize another name I sometimes use: Farpoint. But that one's a bit more esoteric to Trekkers, so I chose a more general Starpoint, which also relates to crocheting a bit :).

Glad to be aboard!

Lee

Hi Lisa. Glad you found us:clap . I didn't read all the replies first, so forgive if I duplicate. If I am not mistaken Bevs Country Cottage has burial gown patters, along with everything else you could want or need for preemies

Welcome from Oklahoma! I am also new and do some charity crochet for preemies. Sounds like Barbara gave you plenty of resources but here is one more:

http://home.inreach.com/marthac/altlinks.html

There are tons of preemie patterns and it also has a burial gown pattern.

Happy hooking!

Tandi

Just thought of one more: http://www.warmheartswarmbabies.org/index.html

Hi Lisa,

Originally from New Jersey myself. Actually, I am from South Jersey, near Cherry Hill. Lived in Freehold for 7 years and have been down here on the West Coast of Florida for 14 years. :yay

Only thing I miss about Jersey are their tomatoes :yay (none better) and I would give my right arm for a good cheese steak.

Anyway, welcome to the board. You will have a lot of fun here and get great ideas, along with a lot of encouragement.:cheer

Archived