potholders and dishcloths

newthingcrochet

Liz, that's a wonderful idea to label them. I made my mom some potholders and dishcloths one year for Christmas. She knew some were potholders, I guess because I'd asked her if she needed potholders earlier when I was making my list. Apparently, she had NO idea you could crochet dishcloths; and for several years thougth they were just sad, thin potholders!

A couple years later I said something about crocheting some dishcloths, and she said 'well, I guess you could do that...' I was like, um...mom I made you a pile of them a few years ago, and you could here her thinking over the phone!

They look great, love the idea of the labels.

I am afraid if I ever crocheted dishcloths everyone would think they were doilys as crocheted dishcloths are not a thing that is used in Australia.

Very nice! And nice colours, too.

You're right about the 'some sort of strange doily'.

I gave a couple of dishcloths to a new neighbour who had just moved in (one was the regular knitted square dishcloth) and she thanked me for the doilies!

I did let her know they were dishcloths, and not to be afraid to use them. It was a very last minute thing, or I might have thought to put one of my care tags in with them.

Sally

The dishcloth and potholder turned out great. I really, really love the idea of putting the label on them. By rolling the clothand wrapping the label around it, not only does it save the recipient the embarrassment of not knowing what it is, but the gift is also elegantly presented. And I also love how you put that you can machine wash and dry them too. (It's amazing how many people don't know that...) Thanks for sharing!

:cheer:hook:clap

Very good job on the dishcloth and potholder!! I am constantly crocheting dishcloths for ladies I work with, and they won't even think about using a storebought dishcloth. I LOVE the label idea, and am wondering what you make it out of, and what kind of a message do you inscript on them? I've sold some of my dishcloths at Bazaars, and always wrap them in a nice color coordinated ribbon. Again, GREAT JOB!! :cheer

Carol

Archived