Doll

Cinlee

Question

Hi!

Looking for FAKE DOLL. I would like one of those fake dolls that look like a Real baby....so I can place my completed crochet baby dresses on. I see them on various website, but thought I would ask here at crochetville first where they might be found. Does anyone know where to find them, or there correct name other then fake doll.

Thankyou for your time,

Cinlee

7 answers to this question

I think what you're looking for are called "born again" babies. You can find them at doll/bear shows or, of course, on eBay. (There's a ton of 'em on eBay, each one more remarkable than the last.)

I've also heard of them called "re-born barrington's" or "baby barrington (sp?) might be a brand name. I saw them at a local craft show and have been drooling ever since...at about $100, they don't come cheap...maybe cheaper on ebay, but there, be careful, (of course). maybe someday I'll have one of my very own to dress up!!

maybe even a manequin? wont look as nice as a doll I am sure but ya never know what's out there

Hi!

Looking for FAKE DOLL. I would like one of those fake dolls that look like a Real baby....so I can place my completed crochet baby dresses on. I see them on various website, but thought I would ask here at crochetville first where they might be found. Does anyone know where to find them, or there correct name other then fake doll.

Thankyou for your time,

Cinlee

I subscribe to Family Circle magazine. In the issue for August 2007, there is an offer for a so real baby doll made by Ashton-Drake. She is 10 inches long and looks as if she'd fit newborn and preemie clothes nicely. This advertisment offers the doll for two payments of $29.99 USD. I hope this helps! :)

Ewww..what a cute baby! they look so real don't they.

I would actually want to try and make one of them little dolls....Hmm, have to look into that! hee hee

Thankyou everyone!

Cinlee

Archived