Felted "Abby" Bag

NoLooseEnds

I bought this yarn from Bare Sheep Yarn Company (my favorite site for hand-dyed yarn). The yarn is called "Abby" and is worsted-weight, hand-dyed wool and I bought it to make a purse for my sister. Her name is Abby...spelled the same...cute colors that she would like...very perfect! The yarn felted great after only two trips to the washer...I blocked it by covering a box with a plastic bag and inserting it and setting it flat to dry. Took about two days. I used my Wonder Knitter for the handles and I think I might add a snap to the inside pocket (oh, yeah, there is an inside pocket...no pic of that!) The pics are clicky!

th_abbybag3.jpg

th_abbybag2.jpg

th_abbybag.jpg

great back. such an unusual colour combo but it really works. hpe Abby loves her Abby bag

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words! I gave the purse to my sis today and she loved it so much that she dumped her whole contents of her purse right into it and took it to the movies with us!! Its great, cause I dont see her much anymore :) Thanks, again, everyone!

Very pretty! I'm in the process of making the "Well Traveled Bag" and will be felting it. I've never felted a piece before - is it hard? Your's turned out great! Love the colors! :manyheart

Archived