A lovely day filled with surprises!

As many of you know I have had a pretty rough time with the loss of both my parents in a small span of time. Well we had a good weekend with our friends which helped lift our spirits but today my dddddddh - really surprised me! And I LOVE surprises of the good kind that is...and I was feeling a little blue :( so that made it all the sweeter...

I am sitting here typing this thread on a brand new laptop computer complete with everything!!! :c9 I could not believe it! When he asked to take me out on a "date" this morning I did not know where we were headed -

First stop was the computer store and he helped pick it out - (he already had the same and mine was an old clunker!), then he let me pick out any bag for it I wanted! So...of course I had to have one big enough for the laptop and a small crochet project - :laughroll So instead of the usual canvasy pc bag I found the ones that women use in business that is leather with a nice middle padded section to fit the laptop and accessories and not one but 2 outside sections for patterns, projects :yarn :yarn :yarn and purse type stuff - it has 2 shoulder straps and is all leather by Buxton!!!!! The best part was that it rang in as a clearance item - it was supposed to be $80 and it rang in at $24!!!!!!!!!!!! :think:) The manager who was nearby said it was fine! It was amazing!

Our lunch was wonderful and now I am getting used to this new machine - I can't believe it!

Hubby sure is a keeper - and was so understanding about the part about making sure I had room for crochet stuff :manyheart I really needed a nice day and combined with the friends on the weekend I am feeling a bit spoiled and pampered ;) , but thinking it is therapy of sorts :yay

That is wonderful, sounds like a great guy and so understanding. I have a clunker that my hubby bought me used for Christmas last year and the hard drive crashed last week and I still don't have it back,I have to use the library.

It is nice to know that someone had a great day...hope you have many more!!!

I'm so glad he's taking care of you! :manyheart It's good to have something brighten your world when you've been down. How thoughtful of him...definitely a keeper!:c9

Wow, that is a nice day of good surprises! I totally relate, too (I lost my dad earlier this year). I recently bought a new laptop bag (although I don't have a laptop - I bought it because it's a gorgeous red leather bag). It was marked for $80, and rang up for $60, which I was quite happy about.

Sounds like your hubby really is trying to take good care of you. That is so sweet.

Hubby sure is a keeper

Shuttlebuggy: I went back and read about the death of your parents. I think you've known for quite some time that your DH was a keeper. I was very touched with how you wrote about him holding your father. Very caring and gentle. Good men are so wonderful. I have one, too.

Enjoy your new computer!

You are so right! He has been a dear throughout it all - but the big surprise after all we have had to weather has been such a boost ;)

And the computer is wonderful, and I am still so thrilled about the bag too!!!!:D

Archived