hello from texas

neenas3

hi everyone! my name is marlena, and this is my first post. i am 28, married, no kids, and have been crocheting for about 3years. i just got my new kit to start learning tunisian crochet and hairpin lace. i also bought the 63 squares booklet, and may make it my newest project(i have several going at once). my sister is trying to have a baby, so i will need to start on some baby things soon. i love to crochet while waiting for my doctor or dentist appointments, because i always get asked where i learned, and how can they learn too! my mom crocheted when i was little, and i used to "help" her by unwinding the yarn for her. i got the itch to try it myself, so i got the kit at wal mart and the rest is history...:cheer:manyheart:devil

Hi Marlena,

Its nice to meet another new member! Welcome! I'm just discovering this site myself. I also love to crochet in public, as it interests so many onlookers! Recently I had several hours to work on a baby blanket while my husband was in surgery. I got so many comments! One elderly man loved it...he said I reminded him of his grandmother many years ago, and how he loved to sit and watch her work with her hands! It made him happy to see me doing the same thing..isn't that neat?

Carol

Archived