Crochet Pattern-a-day calendar 2008

mimicat

542903345_99bb8d1371_m.jpg

The new Crochet Pattern-a-day calendar is not yet released but can now be pre-ordered at Amazon.com.

If you want to see the Table of Contents, its available on the submissions site.

Also, submissions for 2009 calendar is now being accepted. :hook

No, many book stores will have it or even Amazon. Some found theirs at Joanns with a coupon too. Sometimes it can be hard, as some bookstores won't end up carrying the crochet one but will the knit one :no . So around October, maybe later, you can start looking. It's when all the calendars for the next year come out. It's in a box and the days are on separate pieces of paper, it's the flip box type calendar.

What kinds of things are in there?

Click on the link she gave and you'll find a link to the contents. Everything is listed there. No photos yet.

Most any place that carries calendars, carry it. Even some Joann's.

Anyone here that contributed, could you post a link to your pictures so we can see it? Please. :)

No, many book stores will have it or even Amazon. Some found theirs at Joanns with a coupon too. Sometimes it can be hard, as some bookstores won't end up carrying the crochet one but will the knit one :no . So around October, maybe later, you can start looking. It's when all the calendars for the next year come out. It's in a box and the days are on separate pieces of paper, it's the flip box type calendar.

:hug Thank you so much for letting me know, I will now be eagerly awaiting to find this calender.

I'm going to wait and see who gets this and what it's like. I didn't care for the 2007 too much. Way too many photos to expand the patterns to a a few days to an entire week (like this weeks, it's a lapgahn, not even a full afghan, and is for the entire week! And one page was blank and one didn't have a photo so it's not help you make the item by seeing the item as you follow the directions... ).

From the Crochet 2008 TOC it looks like a lot, but it looks to be only about 200 patterns... which isn't too bad considering they probably put weekends together. So maybe not as bad as the 2007.

Ditto for me. I was so unhappy with the 2007 calendar that I gave it away (:grumpy)! But the cover of the 2008 calendar box has a nice shawl (looks like hairpin crochet) and the TOC does seem to list a lot of projects. We'll see...

Ditto for me. I was so unhappy with the 2007 calendar that I gave it away (:grumpy)! But the cover of the 2008 calendar box has a nice shawl (looks like hairpin crochet) and the TOC does seem to list a lot of projects. We'll see...

LOL I was so embarrassed by it I had to take it off my station at work. Too many clients asking about it... which in turn I had to explain the ultimate corniness which is '2007 pattern a day calendar'. (more like pattern a week or more... and for something no one wants to even make) :lol

Ah well, it was fun hunting for it until mid january in any case...

I didn't care for the 2007 one as it WAS NOT "a pattern a day" as it claimed. Probably won't buy the new one when it comes out unless I can look at one first. If it only has 200 patterns, that leaves 165 days of no patterns. Even if weekends were combined, that still leaves more than 50 days without an individual pattern. They should not claim "a pattern a day" if that is not what you are getting.

LOL I was so embarrassed by it I had to take it off my station at work. Too many clients asking about it... which in turn I had to explain the ultimate corniness which is '2007 pattern a day calendar'. (more like pattern a week or more... and for something no one wants to even make) :lol

Ah well, it was fun hunting for it until mid january in any case...

Wow, I get nothing but compliments on the calendar. In fact, when a certain day got flipped open to one of my patterns, I had several people stop and ask me what it was, that it was adorable and it was cool to tell them it was MY pattern! Sure, there are the occasional items that I wouldn't personally make but for the most part I love seeing all the creativity and different things people come up with...

I guess if you did one a day, they couldn't be very long patterns. Just simple patterns. But that would be okay.

Pattern a Day doesn't mean you make it in a day. It means you get a pattern a day to make at your leisure.

Lots of calenders do lump weekends together so that would cut down on the amount of patterns.

Having said that, both years did stretch out patterns for over more than a day. This year doing it even more so. While I get that some patterns are longer and take up more space; some are done to fill places where no one sent a pattern, I guess. I could go into why I don't care much for them but it's not worth the effort anymore.

I got last year's as a gift and this year's for $3.00.

Oh no! Thanks (I think :lol ) for remind me that I need to check out the knitting ones now too, now that i've learned to knit. :blush I have a hard time finding patterns I actually want to knit, so this will be a good place to check.

I also want to see what's in the Crochet box for next year first, but I know I'll have to pre-order, won't be able to stand the wait...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived