Feet Need Socks Crochet-along

Donna

Well, it appears as though the yarn I was using gave too much which is why they were too big when worn. I have finished my first pair (will post a pic soon) but they will have to be worn as slippers as they are really too big! (Unless washing them will shrink them)... I am going to start on my next pair hopefully this weekend. I'm in the Sock/slipper swap and I want to make sure what I send my partner will fit her pretty little feet... Anyone have any suggestions for me before I start my next project? (I hate to use WW yarn as it's not soft. I wanted to use something super soft for feet. I used TLC Amore which is so nice and soft, but it's way too stretchy. Any suggestions?)

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all you sock makers!

I joined this CAL a long time ago, made 1 1/2 socks, got absorbed in a job from he** and lost the will to make socks anymore :(

Now, I see you are all going strong. I had to re-join the list just so I could post because I totally forgot my old loggin.

My life is back to better than normal and I'm feeling great:c9 so maybe I'll just go dig out those socks and finish them after all!

Nice to see you all here and going strong!

Mare:yay

More sock yarn arrived today. :cheer I get to start on a pair for myself. If only the yarn to finish my husband's wasn't on back order :(. But it should be shiped out in a few weeks..... I hate it when you need just one more ball to finish something.... Thankfully, it's a yarn where the dye lot won't matter....

Woo hoo I finished my first pair!

1pairstsockblog.jpg

I used the pattern found HERE but used worsted weight yarn. I wanted to use them to walk around the house in and will try a lighter yarn for inside shoes next time. I am no long in fear of making socks! Yippie!!

Ok, these are my first pair of socks. I made them with TLC's Amore yarn which is very stretchy so they are very loose on me. (The 2nd pic of the bottom of the socks, sorry forgot to take a pic before I wore them so they're dirty!) I love how soft they are, but I think I'll need to make them much smaller on my next pair. I changed colors almost every row to make this pattern. I got several compliments on my socks last week when I broke my toe and could only wear a sock on my left foot. Hopefully my next pair (which I'm going to start this week) will fit!

socks1.jpg

socks2.jpg

Whoa, I didn't realize this was an open ended crochetalong! I'd like to join in. Just received a RAOK including some sock yarn and am all giddy about trying to make some :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am finally making a pair of socks for my son-

I am using knit picks-elegance-in ash color-

The pattern I am using is classic ribbed socks from comfy cozy socks-the sock is similiar to ribbed hiker in crocheted socks-

I am adjusting pattern to fit him-

He was getting jealous that I was making socks and slippers for swap,etc.

joanne

Necia, it's not too late! I will put you on the list. I'm a bit behind :blush in adding people, but I hope to do some work on that this weekend!

Are you following a pattern?

Necia, it's not too late! I will put you on the list. I'm a bit behind :blush in adding people, but I hope to do some work on that this weekend!

Are you following a pattern?

I printed out several from the net just now! Bought some sock yarn at lunch time. I will be starting one of the patterns tonight. I didn't realize this thread was so old so to speak. Either way I'm glad it's not too late.

Necia

I really want to try this one of these days, but have so darn many other projects to work on before the holidays, I may not get to socks til after the tunr of the year. I do have some socks yarn, but I bought it without realizing that one skein only makes one sock, so what I have on hand will make up mismatched socks. (I have 3 skeins, I believe, all different colourways.) Since they'll be my first socks, and likely will turn out wonky anyway, I don't suppose matching colours will matter much. :P Will this crochet-along still be active and accepting new members in a month or so?

Lene'

Ok I've started the "In Your Shoes" ankle socks last night. I"m a little confused, so those that are familiar with this pattern feel free to chime in. She says sc across front half of tube, what exactly does she mean? I can't picture this in my head. I'm confused especially because following that, the pattern calls for ch 18, and attach the other side of the tube. What am I trying to accomplish here? Should I just follow the instructions and see where it gets me, lol?

Help

Neci

Here's the link to my blog post about my first pair of socks. I just have to laugh :rofl when I look at them...although they are very comfy.

LOL! At least you finished both socks! I made one sock this time last year and am half way through sock #2 and never have finished!:devil

I think your socks are nice!:manyheart

Archived