63 Squares Crochet Along

Donna

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you so much for the link. Your directions were absolutely wonderful. I have taught myself to crochet, so therefore, I have much difficulty following anysort of advanced stitches. Although I try to match the picture, they rarely do. Hopefully, I will be able to finish this square tonight. Thanks again.

BAH!! I probably spent 20 hours this weekend finishing my last squares and piecing the thing together. I have only 2 long strips left to attach and then only the edging to do. Why can I not motivate myself to just finish it?!?! I wonder if this weekend just burned me out? I'd like to finish it so I can go on to new projects with no guilt. I'm just itching to start my next project. Some one kick me into gear!

Jen

I've had the book for quite some time but have been a little intimidated by it. But since you all are such bad influences on me I guess I'll have to get started!

My husband is going to curse the day I discovered this forum. I'm just so darn motivated now to crochet crochet CROCHET!!!

Y'know, I think that's what got me back into crochet :wink

I'll get back to this one when I finish the roses one, I"ll be trading off on that one and the Cathedral Window along with some smaller in-between projects to keep me from getting frustrated over having these larger projects. :wink

:frog

Thanks for the encouragement Trish. I'm going to take the huge thing home over the long weekend. Hopefully I can finish it and be done with it forever. Though I am glad I did it. I think it's really helped my crochet skills.

Jen

I'm doing all my blue squares first, in the book they are white. I have ummmm, 12 done?? I started up at the top left corner and worked diagonal rows of the blue(white) I'm on #63 and had a tiny bit of a misunderstanding.

In the directions for row 5, it says to work a FPdc around the posts of the next 2 FPdc, well I thought that meant the two together. So I always ended up with one less stitch. I finally thought it out and tried it using the 2 FPdc seperately and that seemed to work.

Hopefully this might help anyone who has an issue with it. I frogged it 5 times before I got the hang of it. Now, if it will only stop curling!!!

I have two more done. #35 and #36. I have just been doing so much other stuff, I have slowed down on it a bit. But since I only started it in April, I can't feel too bad about it.

:devil

You can see all the squares I have done here:

http://photobucket.com/albums/y249/mickyroop/63%20squares%20afghan/

I tried to join and couldn't. Is the crochet along closed? I know I'm a late for this one but I've always wanted to do this afghan with scrap yarn and make it like an old patchwork quilt. I'm going to go ahead and start anyway. Holly Layne

I tried to join and couldn't. Is the crochet along closed? I know I'm a late for this one but I've always wanted to do this afghan with scrap yarn and make it like an old patchwork quilt. I'm going to go ahead and start anyway. Holly Layne

The CALs are never really closed, the form just seems to have fits for some reason. Can't wait to see what you do with it, I seem to be living vicariously through others when it comes to this CAL lately :lol

That's it!! I'm done!! :clap I'm so happy! My sister even "christened" the afghan by taking a nap under it. I'll try taking a picture and getting it posted in the next few weeks (I don't have a didgital camera). Thanks all for the last kick in the rear. And good luck to those still working on this project!

Jen

That's it!! I'm done!! :clap I'm so happy! My sister even "christened" the afghan by taking a nap under it. I'll try taking a picture and getting it posted in the next few weeks (I don't have a didgital camera). Thanks all for the last kick in the rear. And good luck to those still working on this project!

Jen

Congratulations Jen!!! I can't wait to see it! :clap:clap:clap

HI all,

Don't know if you all remember me saying that I will be doing this cal!!! I had wanted to do this in thread as we really didn't need an afghan in the place that I was when this cal started but since the move to our neighbouring state the weather Goddess has decided that I have been away from yarn too long and has blessed this place with a cool and temperate climate. So I went back (actually called ) my mil and asked her if I can have my book back as I want to finish the CAL. Yesterday I got my book back in the mail and I hope to be starting it this weekend after I pick out my yarn. This is going to be truly a sampler ghan as I am going to be good and use what yarn I have and not go shopping:)

Will let you all know how I am proceeding and I will come running here to gather all and any hints!!!

Cheers

Vims

Anyone else having trouble with the Chevron square? I actually made this pattern several years ago and could never figure it out. I repeated one of the other squares for my afghan. I frogged the Chevron several times and even had other crocheters give it a shot. Maybe it's me??? Maybe the pattern has been revised since then??? Thanks for any help. I'm going to get out my pattern and try it again, just for my own sanity. :think :think

Congratulations!! I know how much work this thing is and you are FINISHED!! Yes!! Awaiting photos..

Stephanie

Who is working on this week's square after having frogged it twice.

the 1st one is going to be white and i dont have white yet......i chose tlc essentials in aran, white and robin egg. love the colours!!!!

oh and i got my copy of 63 MORE squares to crochet book. eep! its very nice, looks ultra difficult but i will be a pro after i am dont this one.

oh and i was looking in the the 63 MORE squares book and couldnt believe my eyes. there is a stitch in it that has a 'bad' word in it. i wont post it here as it might offend. its not a swear word, but its not politically correct!! its on my blog;)

Here in the UK, that word only means either a bundle of kindling for a fire or a special type of meatball made of pigs liver! We only have it meaning the other thing because it's been picked up from the US!!

Crickey! How would some of you cope to see "Brains Fa****s in Gravy" in the deepfreeze!

You say tomato...

Alison

UPDATE!!

Brains is the name of the company, although they probably do contain all sorts of things - we use the most unsavoury parts of animals in processed foods!

Also cigarettes are fags, as are young lads who wait on older boys at public school, an archaic slave system still operational despite EU guidelines!

Faggot isn't a bad word .. or wasn't until some jerks decided to make it one :( The embroidery stitch I'd always seen as fagoting or fagot stitch, but through Brits I've always heard it used as Alison uses it or meaning a cigarette. Altho, Alison, I have to say that meatballs made with brains would not be appealing in my freezer at ALL --- because of the brains, not the name, though! They're probably yummy but I'm a wee bit squeamish about organ meats more exotic than liver *hehe*

And up on my soapbox -- I totally HATE that prejudiced, hate-filled people can take a perfectly good word and give it such a bad connotation that the bad becomes more known than the good, and I absolutely refuse to give in to the bad word brigade on this. Maybe if we all use it PROPERLY and refuse to use it as a pejorative or not use it when it's proper to do so, it'll take back its original meaning?

Archived