White Summer Tank pattern (bigger schematic added)

Sonny321

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How would you make it smaller? For a 34 inch bust?

Emily

if you work from the schematic *for the shape* you should be able to work out the details.

find your gauge with the stitch and work to the numbers you need against the schematic. it will depend on your gauge swatch so I can't give you more precise info.

How would you make it smaller? For a 34 inch bust?

Emily

There are several ways, you could simply subtract rows at the # sign in the pattern rather than adding them. You will have to pay attention to whether you need to be at the shoulder part or the bottom part when you are adding or subtracting rows. You can just eyeball it by holding it up to you frequently in front of the mirror as you are making it, which is what I did when I made it in a different weight yarn. Darski's suggestion is excellent as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a good idea but this pattern is kinda messed up. I tried it and it wanted me to put straps in the wrong places and the increasing and decreasing parts are hard to figure out and the pattern calls for them to be done on opposite ends which causes the tank top to look weird. I adjusted a few things and was able to figure it out but it would be hard for someone who hasn't been crocheting very long would not be able to figure it out.

This is a good idea but this pattern is kinda messed up. I tried it and it wanted me to put straps in the wrong places and the increasing and decreasing parts are hard to figure out and the pattern calls for them to be done on opposite ends which causes the tank top to look weird. I adjusted a few things and was able to figure it out but it would be hard for someone who hasn't been crocheting very long would not be able to figure it out.

I respectfully disagree. It is not a mess. I will work up. A top tonight following the pattern and double check it. I am sorry you had trouble, but I believe it is correctly written. I agree it requires paying close attention to the instruction, so it is not a beginner pattern. I will get back to you with the results of my test.

• 1 year later...

Love, love, love this pattern!! I have never made a wear-able for myself, but your directions made it SO easy for me to give it a try. I started on Friday and put the final pattern stitch into place this afternoon -- I could not put my hook down, as I was anxious to see if it would really work out and fit me :lol Hip-hip-hooray, it does :clap I made a few decreases (where you indicated) to fit a 34" bust, and the fit is flattering. I still want to make a scallop on the edges, but once that is finished, I will be sure to post a photo. Thank you for making this pattern accessible to us. My DDs both want a tank top, too. I am not talented enough to shrink it to fit a 7-yr-old or a 5-yr-old, so I told them they will just have to grow bigger, and then they can borrow mine :yes

Again, many thanks! I'll be back in a day or two with a picture.

• 1 month later...

Well, I am certainly sorry it took so long to get a photo for this pattern to you. My cotton yarn choice does not do the beauty of the pattern justice, so that is why I am working on a second one :) This pattern is just so fun!

post-20536-13589741425_thumb.jpg

To that end, I was wondering if you have adjustments/corrections to make it fit a young child? My daughters are slender 4- and 7-year-olds, and they want me to make matching tank tops for July 4th. I had them try my finished tank on, and it fit, lengthwise, though it is a bit baggy on the sides. I am also thinking of making button holes on the straps to "pull up" the front to make it more modest. If you have any suggestions, I would really appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you so much for this pattern!

• 1 year later...

This was an interesting change of design for me. I didn't end up needing more rows just using a J hook gave me the additional inches needed. I also used the DC stitch instead of the ch 2 on the ends except for on chain rows. So easy to forget them otherwise. Turned out great. On the downside the seam is pretty noticeable on the backside, not really a problem for home wear or if a lace type cardi is worn.

I used Peaches n Creme- Gumdrops and gold edging. Did my own thing on the edges, including popcorns in the front. Well written pattern. :clap Really helps to use a row counter.:yes

post-28320-135897637201_thumb.jpg

Archived