Starting a Charity Project-help!

Hello! Our local PWOC is starting what they call "Wrap of Love". We are on a military base and they would like to provide gift baskets for lower enlisted families who are having babies. I would like to make a request for baby hats, booties, baby clothing, blankets, anything you can provide to get us started!

If you would like to help, please send me a message for an address!

Thank you ladies and gentlemen!

Donna

Donna, thanks so much for doing this. My son who is in the Army says that it's really, really hard on the young enlisted men who are married. I'll see what I can find for you.

Thank you, everyone, for your support. :hug It sure means a lot! This charity project is a great way to support our lower enlisted families. I can honestly say I have a great deal of experience in that area..we are also an enlisted family. I remember when our first child was born, it was a struggle. I remember receiving a crocheted blanket from the base we were stationed. I still have it tucked away.

Support goes a long way, and sometimes the littlest things can make the biggest difference! :c9

We are looking for anything you can provide. Blankets, hats, booties, sweaters/diaper covers/clothing, etc. The goal is for each new baby to receive a small gift basket to welcome him/her into this world. These are military babies, so patriotic items would be wonderful..however..we are accepting EVERYTHING in any color!!

Your support does mean the world to me!

Donna

barbie girl if you know how to make a granny square you can make a blanket. :D just keep the same pattern and making it larger. Then you can do a simple hdc or sc border around it.

I'll try to send some items this weekend, it's been a busy week with my daughter's dance recital and the other's graduation from high school, but I promise to get to it!

deb

I know you would prefer machine washable yarn, but cotton blends or wool blends? My question is the same as Sandie's, are we making items for a warm climate or a cold one?

:hook

I'm new to these boards, but I just happened across this post and wanted to say that I think this is a MARVELOUS idea.... we are an enlisted family also - hubby is E-4 in the Army. We've been in more than 5 years now and have two little ones, one of which we had while he was in the service. Something like this for enlisted families having babies is SUCH a wonderful idea!!! I may see if i can start something like this for our post as well. hugs and best wishes!

I'd love to help...same question: lightweight or heavy items...or whatever we would like to make, since the families might get transferred anyway?

Greetings. I just finished 2 blankies and I posted them here:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54772

I was wondering if you'd like them for your charity. Please let me know and if you want them, send me your address, and I'll send them out the first of next week. I have to buy a box to send them in. :)

God bless you for your work with the soldier's families. They need our support! :hug

Greetings. I just finished 2 blankies and I posted them here:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54772

I was wondering if you'd like them for your charity. Please let me know and if you want them, send me your address, and I'll send them out the first of next week. I have to buy a box to send them in. :)

God bless you for your work with the soldier's families. They need our support! :hug

Responding to your pm now!! :hug

I'd love to help...same question: lightweight or heavy items...or whatever we would like to make, since the families might get transferred anyway?

I would say whatever you feel like making. This time of year in this part of California, you just NEVER know what the weather is going to be like. One day it's 90 and hot as heck, next day it's 70 and windy. I miss the four seasons! We are trying to provide baskets for the new parents, sort of a morale booster and so they know they are not alone!

Thank you!

Donna

barbie girl if you know how to make a granny square you can make a blanket. :D just keep the same pattern and making it larger. Then you can do a simple hdc or sc border around it.

if you tell me the stitches in french i can try the granny square.. i can't make the english stitches... woahh.. it's too difficult...

if you tell me the stitches in french i can try the granny square.. i can't make the english stitches... woahh.. it's too difficult...

Try the Bernat Yarn website...they have English AND French directions.

Bonne chance!

I'm so excited! I received the first donation today from Adele! Three lovely blankets (I have to say I adore the creme with the gray trim!!). Thank you..that's three families that will benefit from your love :c9

Thank you!!

Donna

P.S.-will add photos this evening..ran 5 miles today and I need to recover :lol

What kind of climate does this base have and where is it located? Just thought I would like to know what weight of items would work best.

See POST #15:hug

A big :hug goes to Cherri! I received a delightful package from her today with stunning blankets! Thank you Cherri!! :clap

Donna

*I'm behind on my photo taking..will do it this weekend..PROMISE!**

Archived