Which does everyone prefer? The nylon netting ones, or the nylon plastic canvas yarn ones? Is there a difference? I have made both, but have only used the nylon netting ones and I absolutely LOVE them. I was just curious if people had a preference?

Thanks.

Angie

I have only used the nylon netting ones. I crocheted a few for this past Christmas. I was going to make a whole bunch, but my fingers were so tore up by the netting that I made just enough for family:eek . My dh and I went to a spring craft fair this last May, this one lady had a huge box full of those nylon netting scrubbies. I asked her how she managed to make so many without her hands been torn up by the material. She said she used band-aid on spots where the fingers got tore up. Is there a secret to making these things without hurting your fingers:think ?? If there is let me know????

i like the ones made from cotton...they do double duty around my house..scrub dishes , make great face scrubbers, and also the dog likes to play fetch with hers. she only weights 5 lbs so they make great dog frizbies

I made 6 of the spiral scrubbies using WW yarn and they were a great hit with some ladies I know.

they are neat to make and although RH is good, they don't rip your fingers the way the phentex stuff does

I either use cotton or ww acrylic; it's a decent way to use up my swatches. I've never tried a nylon-type.

Just regular nylon net from the fabric department. It is around 58 cents a yard and comes in a varity of colors...just do not use tulle...it is too soft.

I make mine using both netting and cotton.

RndDclothScrubbies.jpg

So you mix them. One strand of cotton and one of netting? Do you use 1 inch or 2 inch netting? Very interesting idea. Do you like these better then just the netting ones? See I spray bleach on mine twice a week to keep the germies out of them. I would think the cotton would change color after awhile. The netting ones hold up nicely. I made 6 of them at Christmas and the 2 in my kitchen are still usable. Just about time to replace them so I bought some more netting this weekend and will work on them this week. This is a great idea though.

Just regular nylon net from the fabric department. It is around 58 cents a yard and comes in a varity of colors...just do not use tulle...it is too soft.

.58 cents? WOW, I paid $1.09/yard for mine at a Hobby Lobby.

I make them using rug yarn and they work great for dishes. Haven't tried them for anything else.

What is rug yarn made of? Rug yard I know is great for trivits and hot pads for cast iron skillets. Would rug yarn scratch your pans? The nylon is safe so that's why I use it.