Curlywhirly scarf ... they're addictive!

rose_anglaise

I finished this ages ago, but have only just got round to posting about it. It's the second curlywhirly scarf I've crocheted from a pattern that came in a Simply Knitting magazine supplement.

I used to take this little project along with me to my local coffee shop for chillout time last summer while I was pregnant with my daughter. I took a couple of acrylic yarns in wacky colours and a Surina wooden hook that I'd been given as a birthday present, and had myself some fun. At Christmas I sent it to a friend as a present.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e382/Omphaloskepsis/crafts/curlywhirly2-1.jpg

I know it's gaudy, but I like it that way! :D

I think it's beautiful! I love how the verigated is in the middle and the solid on the outside. That's the opposite of most things I've seen. Very bright yes, but very happy and cheerful and warm looking. Great job and I'm sure your friend loved it.

it's different. not sure how i feel about it. really reminds me of the corals and stuff I keep seeing online that are crochted

That's really nice. I love those colors. I'm all about purples, pinks and any color that goes with them. I've seen Simply Knitting in Barnes & Noble bookstore and wondered if it was a good magazine. Do you like it, and do they have crochet patterns in it regularly? Does the difficulty level of the knitting patterns vary, ie, are there easy ones for a newbie knitter like me?

Thanks for sharing the pic!

Archived