Dog crocheter????

My beagle walked between my feet and the coffee table as I crocheted one night, not too long after we had gotten her. She was still a puppy. The strand of yarn snagged on her collar, she freaked out, I yelled, she freaked out more and began to run circles around the couch trying to get away from the yarn and me. :dog She made about three trips around before I managed to grab her and unsnag the yarn from her collar. I couldn't yell at her, of course, it wasn't really her fault. I was lucky that the yarn being pulled was from the skein, not the WIP itself. Neither of us were very happy. :grump

That's my Shegra!! She's our mini doberman, she likes to investigate the trash can if I don't leave the lid on it even though she knows it's a no-no. If I come home and she's done it she hides behind the chairs in the living room.

Dogs are a lot smarter than people give them credit for ;)

:frog

haha! I figured you all would appreciate those pictures!! They drive me nutty...are children any better? or worse? Can't wait for that day! haha

well I have five children. I have had other, big messes, but never with my yarn! The most that's happened is having a ball unrolled.

Maybe other mothers have different tales, however.:hook

I can't help but keep coming back to these pictures and laughing! :rofl Those pictures are absolutely priceless. You should enter them in a contest. I would bet they would win....especially the first & last ones where the one is sleeping amongst his adventure and they other where they both look sooooooooo guilty! :rofl :dog

Maybe other mothers have different tales, however.:hook

Oh, I have many tales of kids and yarn! My youngest is fascinated with yarn, and she tries to sneak some out of my stash every chance she gets. Right before Christmas I bought a huge hank of chenille yarn, and she managed to untie it and get it all tangled. I still haven't gotten it undone. It seems the more that I try, the more it tangles. That's the only mess she's made that I haven't been able to fix, though, so I guess I'm lucky.:)

that is funny! i have found a skein or two in my great dane's kennel. he doesn't ruin them, just takes them :think

and yes, kids do worse. my house goes in a circle. once, my 2 year old held a skein in the den while my 3 year old ran through the kitchen, the dining room, the living room, through the hall and back to the den... again and again and again. it was a HUGE mess :eek

where was mom? in the shower :blush

That's a hoot!

I made my toy poodle a blankie, that seemed to satisfy her urge. My other 2 furbabies try to get in my lap while I'm crocheting( I guess because I tend to sit cross legged). If I'm not careful, they'll get into a skirmish over who's turn it is!

:dog

That is HILARIOUS! I can SOOO relate to that. I have a Sheltie and a Dachshund and I have had that happen more times than I can stand.

You know how Shelties like to prance and circle around, well mine decided she was looking prettier by the minute as she got the yarn wrapped around each paw and just kept on going. The My Dachshund had to put his two cents in and just made it look like and explosion in a spaghetti factory. Thanks for sharing that. Your babies are precious!

Lisa

Boy, does that look familiar! One of my pugs and one of my cats are exactly the same way. I've even seen the cat knock yarn down for the dog to tangle! My yarn now gets locked in a closet....

My cat, Shota, decides when my WIP's need a change of yarn. If I'm not careful she'll chew through the yarn while i'm alseep. It's not bad when I'm working with a solid color, but when I use ombres it's a pain. Oh well, still love the cat. :cat

Crocheted Monkey

Archived