Hi, I'm new here....

wee woolies

but certainly not to crochet.... I'm 46 and have been crocheting for over 40 years....my dear grandmother taught me before I was school age. I especially like miniature crochet but will try just about anything and everything crochet-related. Hope to get to know you all better and have a great time here :D .

Have a great day!

Hi Wendy, and welcome:yay

I love your sites! I enjoy seeing new things.:tup

Tell me, how does one learn to do needle felting? Is there a book or instructional web site? I think it's adorable:2sheep

:dog

Thanks, Kat. Your preemie hats and booties are gorgeous! Lovely tribute to your granny to have her pic as your avatar...my grandmother was very special to me too...she taught me to knit and crochet and everytime I have a hook or needles in my hands I feel so connected to her.

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the welcome...Took a peek at your blog and your snowflakes are fabulous. I love to work in miniature and am always looking for new threads to try...how easy is the lurex to work with? That blue is to gorgeous.....

Hi Debi. Delighted you like my work...needle felting isn't hard to learn...it's basically stabbing a wad of fiber with a sharp, barbed needle till it felts up to the shape you want...great stress reliever until you stab yourself...which I have done many times. There are books available and lots of online info...but I preferred to just experiment on my own.

Took a look at your blog and I can't believe you just started crocheting!! I've always wondered why patterns couldn't be written in plain English...which is what I try do when I design something. Decoding a pattern can be very frustrating!

Archived