Round ripple in thread?

What an interesting idea! I have never thought of that ...try a small swatch and let me know how it goes.....pretty please!

:cheer Hey, I think that is a good idea also, would make a GREAT table topper!! Try it out and show us, I would love to see how it works out :hook :cheer:clap

I have made one, using 2 strands of thread, and it works very well.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k13/amdm/DSCN0228.jpg

What size thread did you use?? I am using a size 10 traditions, and a size 7 hook, I am on row 9 and it seems to be working pretty well. I am going to do all white, don't think I want color....I will post a picture when I get home, can't post on the road:clap

:cheer It should work in whatever yarn you choose as long as you use the right hook for the yarn.

I do things the other way, using thick cotton to make patterns which are normally done in number 60 cotton.

Sometimes I stop then the chain loops get too long and open or I adapt the pattern so the loops are not so big.

th_TradeMe158.jpg

I just used the first 20 or so rows of the pattern then added my own border. The pattern had 40 something rows and was only about 18 inches completed.

This doily is about 24 inches across, more a tabele cover than a doily.

I love changing things to suit my yarn or thread.

Give it a go and see what happens, the worst that you will need to do is pull it back.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

It seems to be coming along fine....I am on row 10, it is laying flat, I wanted to add color but don't have anything with me that has enough and I hate to run out so it will be all white...maybe beads around the outside (I do so love beads) Anyway, I will keep you updated and post a picture when I get back to Oregon... Thanks for the encoragment!!!

Oh wow, you've made some awesome items!! That butterfly filet almost looks like a shawl, but maybe not?? Can't quite tell, I couldn't get the picture to enlarge. Hmmmm, a round ripple in thread, WHY NOT!! Would take me FOREVER to make - so hope you can go for it. Maybe use 2-3 strands of #10 thread or were you thinking of just 1 strand???

Thanks, I am using one strand of size 10 traditions white thread, it is coming along fine, I did have to frog once, it was cupping in the middle, I hate that!!!! It is laying down good now.....I crochet very tight so it is going to take a while, but I can just quit at any time, the great thing about this pattern... I have decided to add some ecru rows, so Iwill post a picture as soon as I can.

And yes the butterfly picture is a shawl, it was a test for Katchkan (Kathy) didn't it turn out GREAT!!!!! All of her patterns are GREAT!!!! Thanks for looking at my pictures...

Archived