Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

Andrea, sometimes it takes several rows of color changes before you see much of anything emerge. You're doing the 2 strands the same, then dropping one, introducing the new one with the old one, etc??

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

op0539a.jpgop0508a.jpgop0523a.jpgop0546a.jpg

I am not sure about the bottom right color but it is close enough that one and the top left one when doing them seemed to not blend together well so it looks like I have a very large center, now that i am on to the bottom left one it looks ok well at least that part of it.

Andrea, see! I told ya you wouldn;t be able to tell much till you had more done! It REALLY, REALLY looks beautiful.

Fantastic job!:yay

Linda and Judy thank you so much for your compliments it means alot to me. The only part I dont like about it is cuz the whole dark center is actually 2 different colors and you cant tell. Im still trying to decide if I should continue on and do more just reversing so I end up with the dark again. Any suggestions?

Andrea, you mean ending wth the dark colors? Hmmmm....maybe the next to the last section should be dark, then go a little lighter to finish - this is only MY opinion - when Linda comes on here...well, we all consider her to be the Queen of RRs, so see what she says if youre still not sure.

I wish I'd read this thread earlier! I started a baby's round ripple with 2 strands of Caron SS to make a blended rainbow afghan. I also used a 4-row repeat before changing colors. It wasn't too long before I realized that it was going to be too heavy for a baby afghan. So I set it aside and made another RR using single strands in rainbow colors for my friend's newborn granddaughter.

Now that the weather is chillier, I decided to get this one out and finish it. It's all done, and I really like the look of it. But it sure is heavy! It would make a great snuggle-on-the-couch afghan. It measures 88" from point to point and it used a LOT of yarn!

IMG_3170.jpg

Jeanne, WOW!!! That is gorgeous!!! Great job!!!:yay:cheer:yay

Andrea, I think your RR is coming out beautifully. I'd just reverse the color scheme and continue on. Several of mine have dark middles and outsides with light in between and they look fine when they are done. Don't worry about the dark changes being subtle. Happens to me all the time and in some ways I like those the best. The shading on the one I'm working on now is going to be that way. It's there, it just doesn't hit you between the eyes with the changes. You look at it and realize the colors switched in there somewhere and go looking for it to see where it happened, because you missed it initially.:devil :devil :devil

Theresa thanks for the compliments

Judy thanks for your ideas

Linda I know one you showed had started with dark and ended with dark

Just wasnt sure what was better to do It is for my nephew who is only 11/2 so not to old didnt want it way to big either I suppose I will just wait and see.

Jeanne WOW that is just gorgeous.

I finally got a picture taken of nephew #2's RR. It's the only one I've done that isn't blended. I figured that for a freshman in college this would work better. And here's a picture of the one I'm making for me. It still has about 10 rows to go.

DCP_1243.jpgDCP_1247.jpg

Linda those are great I still havnt decided if I should now go from light out or just do it with the light ending and go around the edging in sc on the last row and be done. I have 3 rows left on the spiderman ripple then the webbing and I am done with that. All in all it took me less than 2 wks to do that one so I didnt think that was to bad at all.

My Sunshine RR is done! 30 rows in this one instead of the usual 26. It's overlapping the sides of a queen-size bed. Trouble is our miniature schnauzer and loves the rr, too.

DCP_1250.jpg

Archived