My Chrysanthemum Tea Shawl

Mermaiden

I actually finished this shawl some time ago, during the CAL, like right at the end of last year. Yes, Dec 2006. BUT, I finally got myself around to blocking it, and I said I was going to wait to post pics of it until after I had blocked so here it is. :lol Better late than never. That's my motto! I was really ready to use it now so I decided it was high time I get to blocking!

tea%20shawl%20back%20-%20after%20blocking__thumb.jpg <-- from the back, after blocking

tea%20shawl%20back%20-%20Before%20blocking__thumb.jpg <-- from the back, before blocking

You can really see the size difference. It grew maybe 5-6 inches in diameter, which allows the pattern to really pop out there like it's supposed to.

tea%20shawl%20blocked__thumb.jpg <-- all stretched out

tea%20shawl%20front__thumb.jpg <-- this was it from the front pre-blocking

Those are clickable :hook Oh yeah. I made this with cotton. Some of my Mil's end bag yarn, but it had to be Peaches n' Cream.

Your shawl is beautiful! I still have to make one of those...I have the pattern, but haven't gotten up the nerve to actually work it up yet, but I will. You did such a great job on it! Be proud! :cheer

That is soooo gorgeous!! It is amazing the difference after blocking...I made one using Simply Soft and was very nervous til I blocked it.

Well, per

http://www.crochetme.com/blog/crochetme/how-to-spray-block-crochet-or-knit-squares (The part quoted from the page is italicized...)

"Blocking almost always works magic on natural fibers and blends. Results are less predictable with synthetics.

- Blocking sets the shape of your pieces (e.g., you can even out edges or help correct unwanted curling).

- Blocking relaxes and evens out your stitches.

- Blocking can dramatically improve the drape of your fabric.

- You can slightly adjust the finished size of your fabric by blocking it. (You can block it to be bigger, but not to be smaller.) "

So there you go. :hook

Hey, thank you all. :manyheart It was so much fun to make. Yep, I did put a shawl pin in there. :hook I want to decorate it a bit - have seen some really cute things with bead and wire, both of which I have - but for now, it is just a plain one. :lol

Archived