Today's Annie's Attic Pattern

Sue89

I know I posted a very similar pair about a month ago, but this is a second pair I made for my sister's birthday using roses instead of the star flower. I don't think I posted these yet, but if I did I apologize in advance. Anyway, my real reason for posting this today is that I noticed the pattern is once again being made available on the Annie's Attic free pattern of the day page, today (Thursday) only. There were a few people who had said they were sorry they missed it the first time, so here's a heads up. http://www.anniesattic.com/free_pattern_day/index.html

This is a great pattern, and you can substitute your favorite flower pattern to make them more personalized. I have only had to make a minor adjustment where the sole is concerned. In order to make the sole more stable I made my sister's with just one layer of the foam. Then after struggling with my thicker-soled originals I realized that all I had to do was sew a running stitch around one of the inner rounds (through all the layers), giving it a quilted but stable bottom. Worked like a charm.

post-32-135897548663_thumb.jpg

Oh, and for more flower patterns I went to http://www.homesteadblogger.com/TexasRose/11584/Crochet+Flowers.html . It's a whole list of different flower patterns. I haven't tried the others yet, but was very pleased with the "Beauty Rose" pattern I used for these slippers. I can't wait for the opportunity to try the other flowers.

I love the roses! I was just thinking as I was printing out this pattern that they would look great with other flowers or embellishments. Any fridgie pattern would work. I can see them with sea life motifs, stars/moons and, of course, different flowers.

I want to make these up also. But I am thinking about using a pair of foam flip flops with the toe thingy cut off, for the sole and then attaching the crochet to it so you can wear them outside also. I plan on picking up a pair of flip flops at Michaels this weekend to try it out.

I want to make these up also. But I am thinking about using a pair of foam flip flops with the toe thingy cut off, for the sole and then attaching the crochet to it so you can wear them outside also. I plan on picking up a pair of flip flops at Michaels this weekend to try it out.

I'm anxious to hear how this works out for you. I imagine the attaching would be the challenge, but if you can get that to work out you'll have a cute pair of summer slides. I also love Diamond's idea that you can use just about any decoration you want, like sea creatures, etc.

Archived