leesespieces's amigurumi UFO CAL

miller3602

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"A CrochetAlong is one of the many great reasons to be a member of Crochetville .

It usually starts with someone coming up with an idea for an item to crochet that may take a lot of time or patience . It may involve several different stitches , or it may be a fairly simple pattern . There are really no limits to the ideas you could use . It may be a requirement that everyone involved makes an afghan of the same type pattern, but you can each come up with your own color arrangements,etc, so that everyone is working on the exact same pattern, but each afghan will come out as differently as each personality in the group .

It is a great way to share your love of crochet, your talent and advice . It is also a great place to meet new people from all over the world!

To join, it's as simple as a click of the mouse. Just choose the group that sounds interesting to you . Click on Reply, and post a little something about yourself, what pattern you want to use and colors, etc .

To make a Crochetalong more fun and successful, it's nice if you come in and post frequently on your progress . It will also keep you motivated to finish your item, because we all become "cheerleaders" for each other .

It makes crocheting a lot of fun when you join these groups. There is most usually no deadline to meet, no date you must sign up by, etc .

The rules are usually very open-ended. Start when you want ... finish when you want . It's best ,though , if once you sign up, you try to continue with the project on a steady basis so that you can get THAT project done and be ready to move on to a new one .

New Crochetalongs open up often , so you may want to get one done so that you can join in on another one . There is no restriction on signing up for more than one at a time, either. If you feel that you can juggle more than one , go for it!

There is only one negative thing that I have found about these groups. They are HIGHLY addicting . Once you complete one, you'll immediately want to start another .

( They are kinda like that old potato chip commercial : No one can eat just one )

If you join one crochetalong, I can almost guarantee, that you'll want to do another !

Come on in and join one today. EVERYONE is welcome . No level of experience is required . Need help ? We're here ."

**These are not my words...just copied and pasted**

ooo i wanna do it too!!! LOL. i think i'll make a couple more of these little guys and maybe then something in my brain will spark. this is so cool! i can't wait to see what everybody does!

i think i'm gonna make another one with a not so huge head and make it a bunny that looks like hello kitty's little friend (i have a poster of hello kitty and for some reason there's a bunny sitting on her head)

i think i'm gonna make another one with a not so huge head and make it a bunny that looks like hello kitty's little friend (i have a poster of hello kitty and for some reason there's a bunny sitting on her head)

I was confused for a second--I thought you meant the bunny was sitting on its own head!

Anyway, I thought I'd try to turn it in to a caricature of our family dog. But I can't decide: To use Fun Fur, or not to use Fun Fur? That is the question. :scrachin

I just started mine last night... I'm very excited as it works up so quickly. Mine is going to be a little alien - with tentacles rather than legs. For some reason the large head made me think "Alien"! straight away :)

I've just finished working up the body, and I was struck by how like a pear it looks!

455785548_e30636ae70_m.jpg

Hopefully the finished alien will make an appearance soon...

That is great, I think it looks perfect as a pear!! Looking forward to seeing the alien...

I've just finished working up the body, and I was struck by how like a pear it looks!

455785548_e30636ae70_m.jpg

Hopefully the finished alien will make an appearance soon...

I finished an animal, but I lent out my camera :photo so I can't show a picture until next week :cry

Hooray! I've just finished my UFO - and I'm rather pleased with the result :)

Meet Tenticular - the baby alien:

456829539_cc947ed4bc_m.jpg

456829535_8504ba4d8d_m.jpg

He is friendly and affectionate, and doesn't plan to take over the earth (just yet...)

Thanks all!

He does look a bit like one of the Simpson's aliens, I had to really resist giving him those large pointy teeth that they have :)

He was so easy to make that I'm half tempted to start another UFO and see what I end up with.

Hooray! I've just finished my UFO - and I'm rather pleased with the result :)

Meet Tenticular - the baby alien:

456829539_cc947ed4bc_m.jpg

456829535_8504ba4d8d_m.jpg

He is friendly and affectionate, and doesn't plan to take over the earth (just yet...)

That is sooooooo cute! Great job!:tup

Clare, I'm looking forward to seeing your finished UFOs...:yes

i have finished 2 in the same amount of days :) they are adictive coz they are really easy to make and quick too

i will get some :photo and post it soon

hi everyone , these are the two newest members to my crochet family :lol

it is harder than you think to think of what to do with their faces.

Cute! I think their faces turned out just fine. I like the little antennae on the red one.

I finally had a chance to start mine last night. I'm done with the body, and I'm determined to finish the rest of it today! So hopefully I'll have pictures soon. :hook

Archived