Easter flower-ornament

Cuddlefish

We have this tradition that every spring/Easter you make a papercutting and put a little verse on it that doesn't reveal your name. You then send it to someone who has to guess who it's from, and if they don't guess, they owe you an easter-egg. I've been making one for my grandmum for as long as I can remember, but last year and this one I crocheted her one instead of cutting one out of paper. For some reason she always guesses it's from me. ;)

There's no pattern, I just made made it up as I went along. I sewed the flower onto the eggshape and crocheted the edge on afterwards.

Here it is:

hkletvintergksf2.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

Thank you. :hug

It's not easy to say what I did, though. I crocheted a string of ch's, turned and went back, made a flower on the way in another colour, continued on down, and back up for the next flower or leaf. In some places I'd use slip-stitches to go back up or down so it wouldn't get too bulky. I'm afraid I can't explain it better than that. But it's all simple stitches sc's, dc's and so on. Like you're drawing, but with yarn. :)

what stitch did you use for the border?

The border is just three dc's in one stitch, a half sc in the next, three dc's in the next stitch, and so on. Since it's in the border you just give each stitch the spacing you like. :)

Archived