Amber's friend got her blankie (the hot pink/black ripple)

P2130154.jpg

It was soooooooo cute I just had to share! :hug

We pulled up in front of her house and Megan was across the street playing. She yells for the whole neighborhood to hear "Miss Michele, I'm over here!"

So, I tell her "You need to come over here I have something for you." She yipped and hollered and ran as fast as her little legs would carry her. Amber's standing behind the car hiding the gift bag. Of course they talked about it all day in school lol.

She plows into me and gave the biggest hug ever!!!!! :hug Starts bouncing up and down saying to Amber "Can I have it, Can I have it?"

She grabbed the bag and ran in the house and all you hear thru the windows is ":yayI GOT MY BLANKET! :yayMY BLANKET'S HERE...they're still outside."

She took it out of the bag and screamed again! Then her sister tried to steal it.

It was so cute - there was like 10 minutes of chaos! Making a little girl that happy :c9was worth every minute of the hour and a half it took to finish that last round!

It was so precious - I just had to share.

(For those who are interested - the pattern tut can be found here: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=47224 )

ok how old is this child? i thought this was for an older pre-teen to teenager, not for a little one. but i love the story. my 7 year old is like that, i love that she appreciated everything i give her, the stuff i make and the stuff i buy!

Very cool! I'm glad you got to make a kiddo so very happy. You can't help but smile when someone, anyone, acts like that when they get something. Then you KNOW they love it and will treasure it.

Amber (my daughter) just turned 11 and her best friend, Megan is 10 1/2. It was supposed to be a birthday present for August but the last time Megan came over amber was so excited she had to pull it out and show her. She fell in love with it on the spot! and got really excited helping to plan it out that I just couldn't make her wait till her birthday.

Great story and great blankie!

we should post more of these "bring tears to my eyes" stories..isnt this the reason we put all our love in these special gifts!

~~maryann~~

Archived