My Not So Well Traveled Bag

Dawn

This was my first felting project and although it didn't turn out quite like it was supposed to I just love the process, I'm just not crazy about my stripe pattern. I've already made a fuzzy little bag of my own for my daughter. The well traveled bag shrunk up too much, so I couldn't fold in the sides. Instead I just put eyelets on the ends and added one strap. It worked fine (except for a minor thumb injury), I just need to add a snap to hold it closed. Anyway, here are both of the bags.

BEFORE FELTING

tmpphpHIZYGb.jpg

AFTER

ctmpphpZcERLe.jpg

BEFORE FELTING

ctmpphpHzeEX8.jpg

AFTER

ctmpphpiz8BpP.jpg

Wow, I love the stripey one, if you ever feel the need to swap it for some Aussie stuff, just let me know!!!!! I also love it before felting I could see that working really well in my wardrobe, what wool did you use?? I love love love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great Job!

I like it!! Did I understand correctly that you actually felted the fake fur purse too???

For anyone interested - you might check JoAnn's website now/then as I got some Patons 100% wool yarn there, inexpensive + free S&H not too long ago.

Smiles, Louise

Thanks guys! I thought it was a pretty good result for my first try, just not what I imagined it would look like. It is sorta tall and skinny and I haven't yet figured out what I will do hold the top closed a bit so things don't fall out.

That striped bag is a bag of many wools. The brown and turquoise are both patons, the white is lion wool, and although it's hard to tell from the pic there is a second blue in there. The two big stripes in the middle and one on the top and bottom are moda dea cartwheel that I picked up at my dollar store. There is a minor difference, the moda dea is a bit bluer than turquoise, but they all felted pretty well together. I did find that the lion doesn't felt quite as well, so I did all the white in sc and the other colors are mostly dc.

And yes, crochetgirl, the fuzzy bag is felted. On strand of wool and one strand of fur held together throughout. The wool shrinks up and leaves all the fur even fluffier. It was actually an experiment, I had no idea what it would look like when it was done. The only weird thing is when you're done and it's felted there is fur on the inside and out. So, you might need to line it or you might lose something in the fluff. :o)

Archived