Christmas CAL... anyone interested???

Mommy2Max

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pattern is called Shady Glen and it's from the book Great Big Crochet Afghan Book made by The Needlecraft Shop. I am using Red Heart Super Savers Camo, Linen, and Iran.

I picked the camo for my step brother but i added the light browns for his fiance' so it has a feminine touch but also a macho thing. lol

th_new1.jpg"]th_new1.jpg

[/url]

:hookHaven't quite finished this one for my granddaugher Amber (12). She's had 2 liver transplants and doing well now. Hopefully this weekend will be filled with crocheting and grandkids.

I love this afghan it is so colorful:yes

okay, it is time for me to make a list of Christmas crochet projects....Even tho I know it will change a dozen times over the next months:

Bottle Toppers(Maggies Crochet) Mr & MR Santa, Snowman and maybe and Elf ( depending on how difficult I may make several...???:think )

Fat Bottom Bags 3:yay

Dishcloths 4 sets of a dozen each:hook

Springer Puppies (Emily's pattern) - 3:clap

Donut Pincushions - 2?

Christmas Tree Skirt

Christmas tags - LOTS!

Jumbo, crash pillows( maybe in chenille) - 4 or 5:sleep

Sock monkey with clothes for Grandma Ruth:grandma

Barbie wardrobe/ensembles - 6:princess

ponchos - 2:manyheart

teacher gifts(not sure what yet) 5:sheepxmas

purses(lion brand suede) 2:ctree

one skien scarf ( SnB book) 5 :santa

Okay that is enough for now... I am glad to be here amongst fellow gift making crocheters.

Got the yarn to start one of the stockings. I'm not doing the original pattern I decided on, I found some cute ones made from Jiffy, I'll be doing those.

Ok, so I have one stocking done except for sewing up the seams, but it's a little bit funky looking. My stitches on the heel didn't come out right on the final row count, I didn't think it would make a difference...lol, I was wrong... ugh... Chalk it up to a practice round, I guess...

Yay! you ladies are making great progress!! I'm stuck on baby shower gifts for the time being, I'm going to be an aunt!! problem is, everything my mom sees she wants me to make for my sister... my mom doesn't do any sort of yarn craft, and since I live 6 hours from home she has never seen me complete a project... so she has know idea that it does take hours to make things.... oh well, she really loves them when they are done, so it's nice to be appreciated:yes

here is the first well octogon for one of my x-mas presents. There is 12 octogons, 8 squares, and some half squares.

P6250065.jpg

I just finished my first Christmas gift for Christmas '07. I'll try and post a picture soon.

I made a prayer shawl for one of my grandmothers. Using Lion Brand Homespun and a massive hook made it a very quick project!!!

One gift down and too many left to go! lol

I just could kick myself I finished one of my xmas afghans it is from Annie's Attic and it spells out Silent Night, Holy night, all is calm, all is bright, sleep in, heavenly, peace. I love it it works up beatifully. Alas, I forgot to take a picture of it to post.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still here. Lately I have been making hair scrunchies and haven't been working much on my gifts as much. I have to take a break on working on my neice's afghan because the dark colors cna be very boring, but if I don't get back on the ball it will be Christmas before I know it.

I'm sort of stalled out on Christmas myself but, you're right... I gotta kick myself in the b utt before I turn around and it's here!

I'm in - I have 3 scarves, 1 crocheted basket full of bath items for a co-worker whose wife has stage 1V breast cancer, a shawl for my MIL, some coasters and maybe a doily if I don't run out of free time since I will be heading back to classes in September.

I am halfway done with my step brothers afghan and have 3 motifs done on my step sisters afghan I should be done with my step brothers afghan in a week or so

I did a little bit more on the afghan I am making for my neice tonight. I will try to post a picture of what I have done in the next day or two. Well hope everyone has good luck and can get their projects done in time.

Archived