Christmas CAL... anyone interested???

Mommy2Max

So glad to see you started this CAL! I have been thinking of starting my list of things I need to make. I've been making small stockings for DS's classmates every year since he started school and while all the children like them, I'm thinking I need to make something different this year. Any suggestions or easy patterns? I need to make approx 50. Thanks.

Will make my list and report back and can't wait to get started n my Christmas gifts.:clap

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So glad to see you started this CAL! I have been thinking of starting my list of things I need to make. I've been making small stockings for DS's classmates every year since he started school and while all the children like them, I'm thinking I need to make something different this year. Any suggestions or easy patterns? I need to make approx 50. Thanks.

Will make my list and report back and can't wait to get started n my Christmas gifts.:clap

If you're handy with thread crochet, you could make each child a small snowflake ornament. I know there's a snowflake CAL on here someplace with a TON of patterns. If you don't do thread, you might be able to adapt a pattern for yarn?

What a good momma you are, making Christmas presents for 50 kids!!!! That is quite an undertaking!!!

You can count me in on tis one for sure. Right now I have plans on making ornaments for the friends at work, an afghan for my 18 yr old niece( I already have this one started). I probably have more but can't think right now what all I want to do . Thanks for starting this CAL

Well, I decided on my first few projects. :clap I will be doing felted slippers (Fuzzy Felted Slippers) for all 4 of my kids, and Christmas stockings :stocking(String Along With Me: Jingle Bell Stockings) for all 6 of us. Plus this afghan for my mom called "Mended hearts".:heart All the patterns were found on freepatterns . com. (I could hardly believe it let me on the site...lol)

That will be enough to keep me busy a while, but I'm sure I'll add more as I am infamous for going overboard!:juggle

I'll be adding these to my signature...:yes

I'm putting my list together now. Wow I have a lot of work to do between now and Christmas! I'll get my list in my signature soon. This will keep me inspired to get all projects finished!!:yay

I so need to do this CAL. I usually start in the fall and work nonstop. This will allow me to spread out the work and feel less frantic. I need to start thinking about projects and make a list. I'll get back with it.

LauraLee, ignore the kids blanket statement and think about the people on your list. Some might be happier with store bought, but many would probably love a handmade boutique like original.

I'm in! Last year I crocheted 5 afghans for my grandchildren. This year I am already working on 1 afghan for a family friend and I want to make one for my daughter. I also would like to make something for my daughter-in-law and probably something for each of the grandkids. I will have to sit down and make out a list of what I want to make.

Does anyone else have this problem?

When I complete a project I hate to put it away and save it - I want to give it to the person right away!

I'm with you on this!!! I'm working on something for my brother that is a complete surprise and I can hardly keep my mouth shut about it!!!:hook

When I complete a project I hate to put it away and save it - I want to give it to the person right away!

You mean you complete your projects EARLY?????? I usually am working right up to the last minute on stuff.... last Christmas, I was finishing my grandmother's lapghan in the car on the way to her house for the Christmas party!!!

I'm like that too!!! I'm so bad about keeping things a surprise! Last year I made my mom a lapghan last year.... but she knew about it before I gave it to her because I couldnt' keep my mouth shut! I hope to do better this year:yes

I started my third afghan yesterday, my Tetris afghan, and I'm hoping since it's made of squares it'll be more "portable" and I'll be able to get it done in my free time.

How is everyone doing on their projects? Are they still WIPs? Anyone buying supplies? What have you started so far?

I usually crochet the Christmas present for the person in their birthday month.... say my aunt's b-day is in Jan...so in Jan I crocheted a stole for her Christmas...it works well for getting things done...of course I am always adding to during hte year when I run across cute patterns:D

I have not actually started anything for this cal yet. NO. wait. I have my Snowflake afghan from the snowflake afghan cal that I can use for this. It was going to be Christmas anyhoo. I do need to start to make a list of who and what real soon. I am thinking of making everyone scarves this year. HMMM

I usually crochet the Christmas present for the person in their birthday month.... say my aunt's b-day is in Jan...so in Jan I crocheted a stole for her Christmas...it works well for getting things done...of course I am always adding to during hte year when I run across cute patterns:D

What a great idea!!!!

But then I would want to give it to them for their birthday! Haha!!

This is my first actual post! I just spent the last 3-4 days 'reading' last Christmas' thread, all 39 pages. :hook Woohoo. Count me in. This whole site is marvellous, but I think i'll begin here, like to make things for Christmas. (Might join the bookmark one too, as I've been making them for the last month, they cro. up fast, and would make good gifts or stocking stuffers.)I'll try to think up my list, and post it later. I mostly like to crochet, but can I put some other stuff on my list, like knitted scarfs, and other crafty things? Sometimes I like a break from cro.:eek BBL. Jan.

I started on my list for Christmas, but was feeling a bit confused. Some of the people on the list I could make 4 or 5 things they would like, so I just have to pick one. Then for others, I can't think of a thing to make for them. I did hats and scarves for everyone 2 years ago and afghans for all the grandkids last year. I'm still working on ideas.

Well this is my list for Christmas stuff for now:

Christmas Projects

- Christmas baby sweater

- Baby hats (warmer)

- Mittens

- Lapghan

- Stain glass afghan

- Kate scarf

- Mom scarf

- Baby blocks

- Melissa scarf

- Afton scarf

- Memere lapghan

- Jadens mario blanket

a couple of things are already in the works, but don't have specific homes yet ( the stain glass afghan and the lapghan that I've had the squares made for forever and just have yet to join them) everything else isnt started yet, but the ideas are forming in my mind.

For right now most of these are on the back burner, My sister is pregnant, and not far enough along to know boy/ girl yet. So for right now i'm making green and yellow things, but they are for her shower not for christmas.

I saw someone made some baby blocks out of granny type squares a while back, they were cute, i'm not sure if ill do a bunch like that or if i'll make them the way my grandma made them for me when I was a baby with plastic canvas.

I'll keep you all posted on my progress! good luck to you all making your lists!:manyheart

So I've started my list...I'm going to try to get the majority done over the summer since I won't be in school. My goal over the summer will be 2 gifts a week!

My goal for the next 6 weeks left of school is to pick out patterns for each item and get the materials together! Yay!!:cheer

I've started my list of items to make:eek :think! lol I did manage to finish a lap blanket and a shawl this week. The shawl was a mistake really as I was making it for myself and the pattern didn't specify how long to make the chain, it just said to make the top as long as you want it to be. So I held my arms straight out and made the chain that long and thought it would be perfect.......except that I forgot to take into consideration that once it's wrapped around, it will be shorter. lol So I have at least one gift ready for someone, somewhere....even if I donate it to the old folk's home near Christmas time.

I've started 3 of my 7 afghans and I want to get at least 2 of them done before I start working on some more. I am hardly going to have any crochet time at all over the next several weeks, so I am already worried about making the Christmas deadline! :think

I love looking at everyone's lists.... and it makes me so jealous of how much time people have to crochet!!!! Wonder what my DH would say if I told him I'm quitting work and grad school so I can be a full-time crocheter???? :devil

Archived