Bear Clothes

Addey

Ok. I've been working along with the doll clothes CAL. I finally have 'real' clothes to show for it! (I'd made a couple of hats and a poncho.) Everyone there is using assorted dolls. I've got some BAB Workshop bears, so I get to modify patterns. It's quite fun really.

413591634_4883f5d383_m.jpg

Sally is a shy little girl. She wasn't sure about the camera at first. You can see a good picture of the headband I made her. I used 1/8" ribon off a $0.50 spool I picked up at Michaels the other day. Her dress I modified from a pattern I found online, but I'm not sure where I put the link. The dress was made with about 1.5 balls of Sugar 'n Cream cotton. It's a pretty little dress. Sally really likes it, even if it's too cold to wear right now, it's snowing.

413591644_0f6e372b22_m.jpg

Scout convinced Sally that it was OK and she'd sit with her. (Actually, Scout just wanted to show off her vest as well.) Scout's vest is a modified pattern I found online too, and the link for it is at work. It was supposed to be a sweater, but I decided sleeves would not look right with that yarn. It's some remnant RHSS from a blanket I did. I've got to wash it though, it's a little crunchy with the sizing they use on the yarn.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the compliments :)

Lea, dressing teddy bears is just as fun as the dolls. You get to be a little creative, most patterns are written for skinnier dolls. I'm guessing it would be almost as easy to adjust a baby pattern as it would be to adjust a doll pattern. Gives us a few more options!

oh, they are so cute. i have a bear, i was going to give it away. but now i think i will make her a dress and give to someone special. nana

Thank you ladies. I really do encourage anyone who has a bear to give it a try. Especially if you're afraid to make 'big people' wearables. Your mistakes show less and it is great practice. I finally have enough courage to try the vest I've been promising my mom. :)

Archived