Sweet Pea Shawl CAL?

Romiettah

Hey, if it's not too late, I'd love to make the shawl! I bought the book some time ago and didn't think I could do it yet, but I want to try. I was going to use the Caron SS yarn. I would love to wear it this fall to school functions- too pretty! So, as a newbie I have a question: What does CAL stand for!!!???? I've been seeing it for sometime and haven't a clue!! Carey

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished the Sweet Pea over the weekend. Once you get past the first 5 repeats which seem to take a while, the rest of it works up really fast because of the diminishing number of shells.

At first, I didn't think it would be big enough, but by the time I got to the end, it was just the right size. I made it from Reynolds Saucy (the color is a pretty blue/grey color), and I'll be sending it to my SP as part of her reveal package.

congratulations renee

mine became a bit bigger than suppose but i must finish it it worth the hard work

hmmmmmm to reach the point you have mentioned i have to make 13 repetetion :lol

we wish to see some photos :)

maybe after you send it

---------

I don't have a digital camera, so I'll have to see about getting a friend to take a picture of it for me. I am thinking of buying myself a digital for my birthday (which is in a few weeks). Maybe I should start doing a little research...

Got my yarn! I bought some tan colored Caron SS, but I think I might use instead Patons SWS in Natural Earth. Beautiful colors that are perfect for Fall! My mom is staying over the next few days to help me tend to the children and farm while my husband is across country (hint, I asked for coffee as my souvenier). Anyway, my mom is hopefully going to help me get the shawl going. I am 2/3 done on my comfort shawl. Can't wait to get started!

Joining this CAL! I'm making my shawl from KP Shine Worsted in Watermelon. I'm also working on HH's Violet Beauregard so it may take a while for me to finish. Just done the first shell and it seems really loose. :think

welcome wendy :clap

i`m happy for you for getting the yarn

lis welcome sis :hug

this is going toooooo slow for me it is 13 more rows on my shawl cause i`ve added 7 shells ;) so you`ll find some one with you for longer time :lol

I should have read through all of the posts before starting the shawl!! I was up last night working on row 1 and then my Mom and I realized that I needed 5 dtr instead of 4 in the shell. So, out it will have to come and I will start over! Ug! But I finished the comfort shawl I was working on and I am going to get moving on the shawl asap!!

I finally made it through row 2 and 3. Now that I have the hang of it, I am so excited! Hope to have it done before we head out of town for 2 family reunions. Will post a picture when I'm done.

I finally made it through row 2 and 3. Now that I have the hang of it, I am so excited! Hope to have it done before we head out of town for 2 family reunions. Will post a picture when I'm done.

Sounds like you're doing great! Once you get the hang of it, it just flies off your hook! Can't wait to see it!

856738493_e13a0121d5_m.jpg

Yeah, that's what happened to my shawl. I frogged it because my shells were really ugly and I realised I didn't like a shawl in worsted weight yarn. :(

WAh.. I know what you mean. I'm frogging my dh's sweater I started in worsted. I think it depends on the kind of worsted. For the shawl, I used Reynolds Saucy Swirl (Mercerized Cotton corded yarn) which is similar in weight to Classic Elite Flash - (Mercerized cotton, plied with a tight twist). IMHO, both are on the light end of worsted.

• 2 weeks later...

Jumping in on this one.. I need a birthday gift for my closest friend who is turning 30 this month!! Now off to buy some yummy drapy lightweight yarn! Something summery.. any suggestions? Oh.. I wll be buying from an AC Moore/Michaels.

I finished 2 Sweet Pea Shawls in the past week :clap:clap:clap

I've started another one. I love this pattern, and it goes so fast.

I started this one a while ago, then when I moved, I couldn't find it. I came across it the other night when I was organizing my WIP's.

th_ILTYSweetPeaShawl1b.jpg

th_ILTYSweetPeaShawl1a.jpg

I made this one for my best friend. She will be getting it next week (along with lots of other goodies I made her) when I go to see her in Florida.

th_NancysSweetPeaShawl1.jpg

th_NancysSweetPeaShawl1a.jpg

all pics are clickable

• 4 weeks later...
ooh, like that blue one. very lacy looking. what kind of yarn?

I'm sorry I didn't answer sooner :blush I'm just now getting completely caught up on the 'Ville.

For the blue one, I used Bernat Super Value. The color is Wine Twist. I ended up making one for myself with the same yarn. It is so soft. I used a bigger hook than what the yarn calls for, so it would be lacier.

The white one was made with Hobby Lobby's 'I Love This Yarn' in white. I made it using the size hook the yarn calls for, but the next one will be made with a bigger hook as well.

I've been looking for a shawl pattern and when I saw the CAL on this I looked it up. I just ordered my Stitch and B*$%^ Book from Amazon. I cannot wait. This will be my first "real" project. Currently I am working on a swap. Just twenty more squares to go before I can begin this...

I'd appreciate any tips etcetera .

Thanks,

Jillian aka Mad4Crochet:hook

Hubby and I were out shopping for our "cruise clothes" yesterday when I saw a pretty shawl. Then it hit me! I could make the sweet pea shawl. I have the book! Get home and read the directions and see that the yarn is not readily available to me. So, I read all the posts on this CAL. Now, I see that people have used Caron SS and Bernat Super Value and Cotton Twists. I have only Walmart to shop at, so not much of a yarn choice. For those that used the SS, has the shawl stretched out of shape at all? I have noticed that when I use SS for afghans, they tend to stretch. I have 3 weeks til my cruise and want to make 2 of these. One for me and one for our friend that is sailing with us. Any help with the yarn question would really be appreciated

Archived