Sweet Pea Shawl CAL?

Romiettah

Ok, I am done, but my camera is acting all funky on me these days:

Here it is being blocked on my dining room table:

th_spshawl-02.jpg

Here it is hanging up - the colors on this are so not true, they are more true on the picture above, but the top of that picture is a bit dark. I need a new camera!

th_spshawl-01.jpg

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

count me in! This is absolutely gorgeous!!! my daughters day care teacher is having a baby in june and I would love to make it for her. I am making her a baby blanket for the baby but I thought this would be nice for her.

I'm just confused about the yarn. I have some Caron Simply Soft in various color but can someone tell me how many skeins you used so i can know if i have enough??

I also have some Joann Rainbow Boucle yarn in baby blue and baby pink so I was wondering if you guys think that would be better then the simply soft?

what are your opinions? i would really love to use some of my stash instead of going and buying more yarn! I also have tons of WW yarn in other various colors.

I'm not sure how much SS I used. I used leftover stuff from my stash. Estimating though, I would think about 2.5 skeins would be close. I hadn't thought about the Rainbow Boucle, but I bet that would be pretty too!

well i just started mine last night and finished the first row. the second row seemed kind of confusing and i didn't feel like turning on the pc and checking out the pics or the instructions so i'll do that tonight after i put my daughter to sleep.

i decided on the caron ss in black because it was the only one i had 2 and a half skeins instead of just 2. I figured i'd try it out with the black as a practice one and besides, . it actually wasn't bad at all. it took me about an hour give or take to chain and do the first row while watching tv/doing laundry so thats not bad. i'll try to post pics soon when i have a chance to work on it some more and make more progress.

well now i need your help. i have a question. i was starting on row 2 and i was totally confused. am i supposed to have 5 dtrs in each shell for row 1??? because i have 4 dtrs in each shell.

well now i need your help. i have a question. i was starting on row 2 and i was totally confused. am i supposed to have 5 dtrs in each shell for row 1??? because i have 4 dtrs in each shell.

I was wondering what was confusing you on row two (I saw your earlier message). Sorry to say, :( yes you need 5 dtr per shell... I guess you'll have to :frog back to your first shell... :sigh

OH MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. But that is so confusing because it says [DTR, (CH 2, DTR) 4 times]. how the heck do i get 5 DTRs in the shell that way? or does it have anything to do with the brackets and what not cuz i dont understand those that well. so i think i have to do DTR then i ch 2 and dtr another 4 times? not counting the first DTR before the (???

OH MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. But that is so confusing because it says [DTR, (CH 2, DTR) 4 times]. how the heck do i get 5 DTRs in the shell that way? or does it have anything to do with the brackets and what not cuz i dont understand those that well. so i think i have to do DTR then i ch 2 and dtr another 4 times? not counting the first DTR before the (???

-----------

What's inside the parentheses are a separate set of instructions. So you are correct, you do a DTR, then ch 2 dtr 4 times. That will give you 5 dtr for the shell. It's written this way so that you don't end with a ch 2, but rather go on to the next part of the instruction.

-----------

What's inside the parentheses are a separate set of instructions. So you are correct, you do a DTR, then ch 2 dtr 4 times. That will give you 5 dtr for the shell. It's written this way so that you don't end with a ch 2, but rather go on to the next part of the instruction.

Just to make sure you get this shell (we wouldn't want you to go to far with another mistake)...;)

(dtr, ch2, dtr, ch2, dtr, ch2, dtr, ch2, dtr) = a shell :hook

Good Luck!

this is a picture of the Sweet Pea Shawl that my daughter recently made

meganandshawl004.jpg

I love the yarn and it looks great on my ggd. It is made with bamboo yarn and I absolutely love the color. My ggd wants to keep it for herself, it is destined as a gift for someone else though.

Oh my, that is simply gorgeous. Can you get the name and the color of that yarn???? I just love the combination!

The name of the yarn is Eden Print made in Italy. It is 100% bamboo and the color is only described as 030 but I call it sunrise.

has anyone made this with lion chenille? not the thick, the "regular"

i'm so not good at matching different yarns with different projects.

any ideas?

has anyone made this with lion chenille? not the thick, the "regular"

i'm so not good at matching different yarns with different projects.

any ideas?

Lizc - I've never used chenille. But here's my 2 cents.... The "regular" I assume is a worsted weight, yes I just checked their site... I would think that the chenille might work up a bit thicker than the mercerized cotton. The best thing to do, really, is to make a swatch, maybe start with 3 or 4 shells and work your way through several rows to see what the drape will be like.

Good Luck!

• 4 weeks later...

yeah, i just bought the yarn for this yesterday and have been wanting to do it for a while now. glad to see this cal is still going. i have a bit of time tonight (once the kids get to sleep), so hopefully i'll get it started.

well i just started mine last night and finished the first row. the second row seemed kind of confusing and i didn't feel like turning on the pc and checking out the pics or the instructions so i'll do that tonight after i put my daughter to sleep.

i decided on the caron ss in black because it was the only one i had 2 and a half skeins instead of just 2. I figured i'd try it out with the black as a practice one and besides, . it actually wasn't bad at all. it took me about an hour give or take to chain and do the first row while watching tv/doing laundry so thats not bad. i'll try to post pics soon when i have a chance to work on it some more and make more progress.

how is it looking in black? i'm doing mine with the caron simply soft too, but its bone instead. it looks more like a khacki color than bone, i dont know why they named it that. when i think of bone, i think white...right?

anyway. is your shawl light? or thick? i mean, is it coming out fine?

Archived