Crochet Treasure!

I feel like I hit the jackpot this weekend! My boyfriends Mom, who was an avid quilter and crocheter, passed away a few years ago (before I knew him). Seeing my love of crochet, and my excitement over doing things for charity, he called his Dad, and asked him if he still had his Mom's stuff. His Dad told him to bring me over, and I could go through it and take whatever I wanted. I found some really great crochet leaflets and magazines she had collected, and a box of about 50 skeins of yarn, some of it still in plastic bags, because she used to buy them in bulk. I just about fainted. I found out she used to have a lot more, but they had a garage sale a while back, and a fellow crocheter bought a lot of the stuff she had, and his Dad also gave some to another disabled relative. My boyfriends Mom was wheelchair-bound, so she spent her time quilting and crocheting for charity. I told his dad I would use the yarn for the charity blitz I am in, and he was so touched that the yarn would be put to good use, just the way Millie would have wanted it.

Now, if I had been a quilter, I would have had to take today off from work to stay home and go through the boxes upon boxes that she had of fabrics, books, tools, etc. I thought I did well with my crochet treasure...but a quilter would have been in euphoria! I did tell him that I may want to look through the quilt books another time, just to see if I thought I would be able to convert any of the patterns to crochet. He said I could do that anytime. :c9

Any way, I now have plenty of thread to get me through the charity blitz for this year, and some patterns to try for them to boot!

i am a quilter. Crocheter, Knitter, crotatter, love to tat, sew. etc. :lol :lol

Lucky you. That was really nice of your boy friend, and his Dad to let you have the things. You have lots to do now.:yes

you are sooo lucky, i wish i had had my grandmas hooks and stuff, but alas someone else took them, not sure why as i am the only one in the family who crochets, but its not like i don't have tons anyways :lol:lol:lol she would be proud i now.maybe when you get things made you could show his dad and he could appreciate how much her stuff is going to mean to others hugs

Archived