Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

Hey, Joyce, I think you missed my previous post. ;) Can you add Flowers & Lace Throw from Crochet! Magazine July 2008 for me please? And you can remove the Sweet Dreams. I really wasn't enjoying that at all so ended up frogging it.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Ladies. I've been negligent.:blush BarbaraJean, I did miss your post. I will update right now.

Joyce

Hey, Joyce, I think you missed my previous post. ;) Can you add Flowers & Lace Throw from Crochet! Magazine July 2008 for me please? And you can remove the Sweet Dreams. I really wasn't enjoying that at all so ended up frogging it.

BarbaraJean, I didn't see sweet dreams on the list. Is there another name for it?

Joyce, could you please add "colorful afghan for Simon" to my projects as well? Thank you.

Deb

OK, we're updated. Sorry again ladies.

Update on my work, I have 22 of 25 squares for the Leaves afghan I'm working on. Needs to be done by my vaca in July.

Joyce

BarbaraJean, I didn't see sweet dreams on the list. Is there another name for it?

Update on my work, I have 22 of 25 squares for the Leaves afghan I'm working on. Needs to be done by my vaca in July.

Joyce

Oops .... it's the Naptime Baby Afghan. I frogged it. :hook

It sounds like you're making great progress on your afghan! I've started the new one but haven't made much progress on it yet as I've got an experiment started. I'm attempting to crochet sleeves onto a sleeveless knit top. We'll see how it goes. I'm not using a pattern, just playing it by ear.

OK, I'll take care of the Naptime afghan update. Good luck on the sleeves. I'll be looking for an update somewhere (here, Ravelry)

Joyce

Oops .... it's the Naptime Baby Afghan. I frogged it. :hook

It sounds like you're making great progress on your afghan! I've started the new one but haven't made much progress on it yet as I've got an experiment started. I'm attempting to crochet sleeves onto a sleeveless knit top. We'll see how it goes. I'm not using a pattern, just playing it by ear.

Hi all! I've been so busy with swaps, I haven't checked in for ages. I am still working on the same afghan. I really need to get on the ball, since it is going to be a wedding present and the wedding is in less than a month.

So I guess I should ease up on my swaps so that I can get it done! LOL

I was going through the post catching up, everyone's afghans look wonderful. Hopefully I can finish this one up and get some pictures posted soon.:hook

Hi Everyone!!

I am going to rejoin this CAL. I have an UFO (I may have even been working on it in this thread!) that I want to finish by October for my mom. She has no idea that I started working on it again!!

It's a ripple afghan, here is a photo:

mothersdaywip02.jpg

I actually have more done on it than in this photo, but not much more, so I have a lot of work!!! I work full time now, what do you all think is a reasonable daily goal? I was thinking 3-5 rows a day, since I can take it on my commute with me in the mornings! (I take the MARTA train to work every day..20 minutes no traffic, it's great!)

I will post some progress photos after tonight. But I need some cheerleaders!!!

To vcufashion419, your afghan is going to be lovely. I like the colors! You said you were working full time. Did you get the job you were interviewing for? I might have missed the thread where you said.

Thanks!!

Yes, I got the offer back in December! I have been MIA for awhile because I still had to finish my last semester of school, and was working 2 jobs to try to save for my big move! I've been here in Atlanta almost a month now and I am finally starting to get into a routine. I LOVE MY JOB!!! I feel so blessed to not only have a good paying job (especially in today's job market) but one that I truly enjoy. :) (my blog has some details about my job: http://realworldatlanta.blogspot.com)

:yay

Hi all! I've been so busy with swaps, I haven't checked in for ages. I am still working on the same afghan. I really need to get on the ball, since it is going to be a wedding present and the wedding is in less than a month.

So I guess I should ease up on my swaps so that I can get it done! LOL

I was going through the post catching up, everyone's afghans look wonderful. Hopefully I can finish this one up and get some pictures posted soon.:hook

Hi Candy! Is the afghan you're working on listed in the second post? If not, let me know and I'll add it.

Hi Everyone!!

I am going to rejoin this CAL. I have an UFO (I may have even been working on it in this thread!) that I want to finish by October for my mom. She has no idea that I started working on it again!!

It's a ripple afghan, here is a photo:

mothersdaywip02.jpg

I actually have more done on it than in this photo, but not much more, so I have a lot of work!!! I work full time now, what do you all think is a reasonable daily goal? I was thinking 3-5 rows a day, since I can take it on my commute with me in the mornings! (I take the MARTA train to work every day..20 minutes no traffic, it's great!)

I will post some progress photos after tonight. But I need some cheerleaders!!!

Welcome back. I think I remember your ghan, but to make sure, is it listed in the second post? I'll add it if not.

I think your goal is definitely possible between your commute to and from work and maybe a little work in the evenings. You've definitely got cheerleaders here :cheer:cheer:cheer

I took over this CAL for BarbaraJean, who still pops it but is also working on other things. If you have any needs for me to update things, just let me know.

Joyce

Welcome back. I think I remember your ghan, but to make sure, is it listed in the second post? I'll add it if not.

I think your goal is definitely possible between your commute to and from work and maybe a little work in the evenings. You've definitely got cheerleaders here :cheer:cheer:cheer

I took over this CAL for BarbaraJean, who still pops it but is also working on other things. If you have any needs for me to update things, just let me know.

Joyce

Thanks Joyce! I don't see it on the second post. Can you call it "Daisy Ghan"?? Thanks! :)

jmcrochet,

I have started working on another afghan besides my minnie mouse afghan. A pink glittery afghan for a tween room. I'm going to call it "Pixie Dust" afghan. Suppose to go with a fairy theme.

Thanks Sue

Pixie Dust added to the second post. Can't wait to see pics

Joyce

jmcrochet,

I have started working on another afghan besides my minnie mouse afghan. A pink glittery afghan for a tween room. I'm going to call it "Pixie Dust" afghan. Suppose to go with a fairy theme.

Thanks Sue

Here's the Amazon round ripple. You can see by the colors why I decided it wasn't for a baby.

th_DSCF0368.jpg

(clickable)

I think its nice for toddler... A boy of course.

I love it....:clap

Thanks Dava. In the end, I donated to Sissie44's lapqghans for seniors project.

I think its nice for toddler... A boy of course.

I love it....:clap

OK, so I"m very near completion with the leaf afghan. All 25 squares are joined, but now, I have to make the leaves. I swear to you this ghan is making me not want to take any more commission orders because it just doesn't feel like it's ever going to get done and I have other projects I want to move onto and I swear for the last couple of weekends I have spent BOTH days with this ghan. I want it done, but, alas, I have to make 20 leaves to attach around the edge as "fringe" and I don't wanna. I just wanna finish the border and call it done. I have two leaves done, they're real simple and go quick, but I just want to move on. Any butt kicking advice out there?!!?!? Or encouragement, I'll take that too!!!

Thanks

Joyce

Thanks, I really like the first one, think it's one of the prettiest I've ever made. It is for my daughter's girlfriend. "So many afghans, so little time!"

Deb

i was finally able to take pics of my finished afghan..sorry it took so long, we went on vacation to Cali and north MO for a few weeks.. i'm still working on my other 3 ghans but didn't work on them any while on vacation so now i need to get back into the groove of working on them...anyways, here's the pics...

100_0411.jpg

i took a close up of stitches but didn't like how the pic turned out..wanted to show off the new stitch i learned, the blackberry stitch that is done in the white rows... you can't really tell what colors are in the ghan but they are dk green, light green, white and the color to seperate everything is yellow.

That's really pretty! I can see the colors perfect. Is this the springtime ripple? If so, I linked to it in the first post. If not, let me know which one.

I am nearing completion on the leaf afghan. I have all the leaves made and am getting ready, after having to be away for two days, to do the border and attach the leaves. Hope to have it done tonight.

Joyce

i was finally able to take pics of my finished afghan..sorry it took so long, we went on vacation to Cali and north MO for a few weeks.. i'm still working on my other 3 ghans but didn't work on them any while on vacation so now i need to get back into the groove of working on them...anyways, here's the pics...

100_0411.jpg

i took a close up of stitches but didn't like how the pic turned out..wanted to show off the new stitch i learned, the blackberry stitch that is done in the white rows... you can't really tell what colors are in the ghan but they are dk green, light green, white and the color to seperate everything is yellow.

Archived