Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

I'd like to join this thread, if I may. I'd like to start one called Rose Ripple from my favorite book: 100 afghans to knit and crochet.

I'd like to make it with a really soft yarn, it calls for worsted weight. I'm making it in off white, I think. It's for my daughter's dance teacher and I don't know her decor.

Any yarn suggestions?

deb

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm about 1/4 done with one of my afghans, and have four of what should only need to be 28 squares, because my squares are coming out bigger than they should...no worries, just means i don't have to make forty of them, and I'm okay with that, the squares are all the same size as each other, and as far as I'm concerned that's what matters. I'm thinking if these two go quickly enough, i might get in a third by winter holidays, in addition to the usual hats and scarves

I'd like to join this thread, if I may. I'd like to start one called Rose Ripple from my favorite book: 100 afghans to knit and crochet.

I'd like to make it with a really soft yarn, it calls for worsted weight. I'm making it in off white, I think. It's for my daughter's dance teacher and I don't know her decor.

Any yarn suggestions?

deb

Welcome Deb! I'll add your name and project to the first post. You're encouraged to pop in occassionally and update us on your progress. Also, there is a CAL button in the first post you can use on your own web site or blog.

I've used Caron Simply Soft and absolutely love it! It's very soft and just wonderful to work with.

I'm about 1/4 done with one of my afghans, and have four of what should only need to be 28 squares, because my squares are coming out bigger than they should...no worries, just means i don't have to make forty of them, and I'm okay with that, the squares are all the same size as each other, and as far as I'm concerned that's what matters. I'm thinking if these two go quickly enough, i might get in a third by winter holidays, in addition to the usual hats and scarves

Sounds great!

Okay, I think I have 46 out of 61 motifs for the Pinwheel afghan, and not quite one strip out of six for the Pineapple Shells afghan. Next time I go to walmart I'm going to get some off-white and start the Old-Fashioned Favorite.

Can't wait for the second season of Flipper to come out on DVD, I'll just sit down and crochet through the whole thing. I wonder how much of an afghan I could finish in 14 (? there's 88 1/2 hour episodes and three seasons) hours?

I

'll try to post pictures of my progress, but I haven't quite figured out yet how you all manage to get pictures included in your posts..

I even think photobucket will do your resizing for you.

I have 12 of the squares done for my green Blushing Grannies and about 23/35 squares of the red Blushing Grannies finished. I haven't got any of them put together yet, though. I'm not anting to do that part yet.

I decided to wait on the one with squares, and instead do one with three strands, it should go quickly, and not have as many ends to weave in (the real reason I stopped on the square one, over three hundred ends)

I am happy to say that I an starting to work on my Fleece-ghan again. After I finish, I'm going to get some Disney Princess Fleece and make me a scarf.

I also started the Old-Fashioned Favorite, and I am about half-way through the 1st square out of 48. It isn't fast going, but it will look wonderful when it's finished. My only problem with it is that it requires a LOT of working slip stitches into slip stitches, which I don't find very easy. I'm trying to work my slip stitches looser now.

Wow, Bizzyboppers, that afghan's really pretty! Where did you get the pattern?

Hey yaviinia and leslie. Thanks!

The pattern for the afghan was a bunch of squares that I put together from two different afghans. The border I came up with out of desperation. I'm going to post the pattern on my blog by the end of this week. You could really add it to any blanket.

Thanks again for the compliments.

I had to start a new baby afghan that has to be done by Tuesday. It's going to be a busy weekend so I can get this done before a baby shower Tuesday afternoon. And I was almost done with the red Blushing Grannies. That will probably be finished next week.

I just ordered the 'Disney Princess Afghans' book, so when it comes, I might rip out/back burner the Old-Fashioned Favorite and work on one of those. The one thing with the Disney Princess afghans is that they're only about 38 by 45 inches, so I'm going to put a really big border on what ever one I make. I'm trying to decide whether I want to make Snow White or Aurora first. I'll wait till it comes, I guess.

ok. My Grande Squares...which wasn't so grand...is finished. I love the way it turned out. Here is a link to view it.

http://bizzycrochet.blogspot.com/2007/10/wedding-gifts.html

I just LOVE the aghan !! In fact, I love everything - the potholders, dish towels -- all of it. Lucky couple to be getting these items.

ok. My Grande Squares...which wasn't so grand...is finished. I love the way it turned out. Here is a link to view it.

http://bizzycrochet.blogspot.com/2007/10/wedding-gifts.html

Your gift is just beautiful! I'm sure they'll be delighted. I'll update the first post.

I had to start a new baby afghan that has to be done by Tuesday. It's going to be a busy weekend so I can get this done before a baby shower Tuesday afternoon. And I was almost done with the red Blushing Grannies. That will probably be finished next week.

I'll add your baby afghan to the list. Hoping you get completed for the shower Tuesday!

I wanted to check with my daughter's dance teacher to make sure she'd like the afghan, she approved it, so I'm going to get rolling on it! I'll post a picture when I have enough done to see how it'll look.

1590330770_03e29ee1a7_m.jpg

Here's the baby afghan. Got it finished just a little bit ago and just in time. The baby shower's just an hour away. I used a V-Stitch pattern and it worked up rather quickly for a lacy feel. I like it and might have to make some more with this stitch.

I'm still slogging along with the Branches and Bobbles. I've completed another WIP, so supposedly this would leave more time, but in fine, time-honored crochet tradition, I already have another WIP started, plus I'm planning another baby afghan, this time for a coworker's grandchild.

Archived