Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a picture of one my WIPs. This is the baby blanket I work on at work during lunch. It's coming along nicely, if I do say so myself! :devil

Blanket.jpg

and a close up of the stitches:

StitchCloseup2.jpg

Here's a picture of one my WIPs. This is the baby blanket I work on at work during lunch. It's coming along nicely, if I do say so myself! :devil

Blanket.jpg

StitchCloseup2.jpg

that is awsome. I love it. Just curious what pattern is it?

I can not believe how many interruptions you can have in one

night. I started crocheting, and it went fine, but after an hour if felt like a call center here. The phone rang all night, there were people at the door and so on. I only got 6" done, so I'm up in 17". I haven't had the time to crochet today yet, but I am just about to sit down. Hoping to get at least 5 rows done before the husband gets home. I'll let you know how it goes.

Good luck!

I've decided I'm calling my current new comfortghan "Snow and Pines". While I was making the squares it just looked all.....snowy and piney with a blue sky in the background. Sort of "Up North Lodge" look....?? I don't suppose where I live would have ANYTHING to do with influencing my color choices..:lol

That sounds fantastic! You describe it so artistically. Do I have that listed for you?

thanks everyone!

Barbara---put me down for the daisy rippleghan, I'm doing it for my mom :)

Okay :yay

StitchCloseup2.jpg

That looks great! I've been looking at a pattern that is similiar to that. The pattern photo is in black and red - very dramatic! I'm thinking about using sage green and white for it.

I was going to tell you the name of the one that I thought was the same but now that I look at it I can see it's different. This is the one I have:

cozylaprobe.jpg

Thanks! :hook

The pattern is called Bunkhouse Dreams from one of the Leisure Arts sets. It's a full-size afghan that's done in black, burgundy and teal in the picture. I adjusted the size and colors for a baby blanket.

BarbaraJean, that baby blanket's going to be gorgeous. I love the other one you posted that you did from Vanna's book too

Joyce

Oh, I haven't made that one yet. I think I'm going to make it though with the green and white yarn I got at the yarn sale so cheap. :D

I do like the baby afghan but I'm not enjoying working with the baby yarn as much.

I now have 25 inches done. I have figured out that if I crochet 10 rows 5 days a week I will have it done by the day we leave. And then of course if I make some extra one day, I'll get less the next. It is going along well, and I got a lot of work done on it today. I just finished my first two and joined my next two 16oz balls of yarn. I am going to have to buy 1 more ball, because of some miscalculations. And when I am done with the length, I will see how much I got left over for fringes. I was thinking of maybe making the fringes with two strands of the off-white and one strand wit a different color. I know that my sister is not all to crazy about color, but I want it to have a little touch of it. Any suggestions on what color it should be? I was thinking of using some of the pastel blue yarn I have, but that is sport weight not ww. And I could always hoax my hubby into buying me some more yarn, "because you should not mix ww and sw" :P I am lucky, because he would actually believe that and get me some more yarn. :devil :devil :devil

And I mean, you don't use all too much on fringes so I could use the left-over to make something else! :D Oh, anyways... Any thoughts on a second color?

ROAK = Random Act of Kindess

Check out this section of the forum for more information.

I clicked on the link, but it won't let me in?

Page reads:

"candy4271, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. "

I clicked on the link, but it won't let me in?

Page reads:

"candy4271, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. "

Oh, I didn't realize that it was a protected section of the forum. You must need to have a certain amount of posts or have been a member for a certain amount of time before you can access that part.

RAOK is a program designed to allow us to give somebody on the board a gift. Those who wish to participate make a wish list then other members can send them something on their list.

It's a lovely program and completely voluntary. I suppose it is probably "protected" to prevent abuse.

Edit: I just checked the guidelines. You must have 40 post and be a member for 60 days to access certain areas of the forum. You're nearly there!

Archived