Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
did it, I did it!

I have finished my very first ever afghan. It's simple, but that's okay since I've really only been into crochet for about 5 months now. I am so proud of myself. This took me 26 days. :clap

47b7db00b3127cce841d9dc7abc700000026108BcuW7Fyzao

GREAT JOB :cheer You should be proud of yourself!! I don't know how long it took me to finish my first afghan but I know it was more than 26 days - that is awesome! I'm so happy for you - congrats on completing your first afghan.

here it is finally finished! It took longer than I hoped.... but the baby shower is still a week away, so it should have plenty of time to ship home!

th_DSC01965.jpg

th_DSC01963.jpg

th_DSC01961.jpg

(all images are clickable)

What a beautiful and sweet set. I love the colors - the hat and booties are adorable.

Everyone is doing such wonderful work. :manyheart

I did it, I did it!

I have finished my very first ever afghan. It's simple, but that's okay since I've really only been into crochet for about 5 months now. I am so proud of myself. This took me 26 days. :clap

47b7db00b3127cce841dab2d2a0600000026108BcuW7Fyzao

I almost cried when I finished this.

I can understand why. What an amazing feeling to complete a project, especially your first big one! It looks great!

here it is finally finished! It took longer than I hoped.... but the baby shower is still a week away, so it should have plenty of time to ship home!

th_DSC01965.jpg

th_DSC01963.jpg

th_DSC01961.jpg

Somebody is going to be a very happy mommy!

Whoa!!! That is really pretty - just as I expected it would be - wow! It is so cheery ! Great work !:yay

Thanks Disneypal. It's so nice to get feedback that's positive!

I did it, I did it!

47b7db00b3127cce841dab2d2a0600000026108BcuW7Fyzao

I almost cried when I finished this.

I saw this and thought "aw." You should be so proud what a great accomplshment. Forgive me but I don't remember, is this for you or a gift? It's gorgeous.

th_DSC01965.jpg

th_DSC01963.jpg

th_DSC01961.jpg

What a lovely set. Any mommy would indeed be thrilled to get that

Joyce

Oh no! I can't believe that I came looking for this thread and found it on page 2?!:eek I've never seen it off of page 1 since it started.

But then again, so many people have finished their great afghans. I'm still working on those dishclothes for my swap and then I have company this weekend - one of whom is the girl I'm making my afghan for - so I can't work on it until after she leaves - next week!!!

I hope I can get it finished before her b-day - I still have about 6 weeks but that will fly by!

How is everyone else doing ?

Thanks for all the encouragement ladies. The purple ghan is for my niece who is 3. It's a Christmas gift. Between Christmas and a wedding I've got 4 afghans in the works! 2 are WIPs, the purple one is done, and the 4th is a long ways off.

Blues 16 Point Round Ripple

P4190194.jpgP4190195.jpg

This is my Blues 16 Point Round Ripple.

2 strands and an N hook

6 feet across

I used navy, light blue and blue varigated. For the center I used 2 strands of varigated. For the outer ring I used 1 strand light blue and 1 strand varigated. For the edging I went back to 2 strands varigated. 1 rnd sc and 1 round crab (rev sc).

If you look at the edges I was playing around with adding an extra set of points between the larger ones. When I went over it with the rev sc they kind of rounded out a little.

Oooohh - how pretty !!! I really like the way you lightened up the outside varigated round by using a strand of light blue with it but the center is darker - very nice!! Congrats on finishing :yay

Thanks for all the encouragement ladies. The purple ghan is for my niece who is 3. It's a Christmas gift. Between Christmas and a wedding I've got 4 afghans in the works! 2 are WIPs, the purple one is done, and the 4th is a long ways off.

That is awesome that you have one completely done and 2 already in the works - if you get the others done as fast as the first, you'll have all those Christmas presents done before summer is even over :hook

Oh no! I can't believe that I came looking for this thread and found it on page 2?!:eek I've never seen it off of page 1 since it started.

How is everyone else doing ?

Page 2?! I can't believe it! :loco

My progress is very little on my afghan and also on my sweater. If I tried to tell you how busy it's been for me the past 3 weeks you wouldn't believe me. :wink But... I expect things to slow down this Tuesday and am hoping to be able to snuggle up in my crochet corner for hours and hours of de-stress time. Pray I just get through the next few days with my sanity! :thair

Just a quick update on me. I have five squares joined on the daff 'ghan. I'm intimidated using the Dudessembly method to start the next square because I will have to join corners and well, I just don't know how that's going to go.

RoseRed, the blue ripple's terrific

Joyce

Just a quick update on me. I have five squares joined on the daff 'ghan. I'm intimidated using the Dudessembly method to start the next square because I will have to join corners and well, I just don't know how that's going to go.

RoseRed, the blue ripple's terrific

Joyce

I think that the Dude's assembly is similar to how I join motifs. The first time I joined them that way was on the Prairie Star afghan. I now look for afghan patterns which join that way rather than whipstitching or sc together.

AwardsCeremony014small.jpg

I didn't take a photo but the baby afghan is now a little over half done. I'm getting so tired of working on it. It seems like it's taking forever to get it done.

Darn it I can't post a pic til later, but I am making better progress than I thought I would at the resizing, edging, and joining of my 7 panels! :cheer I was sick with tonsilitis for several days so I stayed home from work and I took the suggestion,

Pick a movie you want to watch and set a time to watch it and finish up. Besides... don't you know how eager we all are here to see pic?

I watched a whole Harry Potter movie a-thon on Monday (yes all 4!) and got a lot of stitching in. :D I did not have to resize as many of them as I thought I would. A few of them just *looked* longer laid side by side, because the stitches were longer on some! So the edging balanced them out. :lol I only have 3 pieces left to finish up and attach on. But then I still have to do the morning glory embellishment once it's all together (I decided to save it til last, instead of doing each panel then attaching).

Wow there sure are some good lookin WIP's and finished afghans pictured in here. :hook I really want to make a round ripple one day!

I'd made really good progress on my 3 ripples, but it has been so hot here I just couldn't tolerate having them in my lap to work on them. Sooooooo, that gave me the perfect excuse to start a Pineapples-in-the-Round Afghan in Caron SS Off White. :) It's yummy!

I've completed 20 rounds on my Pineapples-in-the-Round Afghan so I guess I need to "officially" add it to my Miscellaneous CAL list. :) It is really working up so pretty and so much easier than I could have ever anticipated. The weather has cooled off dramatically here in the Napa Valley, so I'll have to get back to work on my ripples now!

Hope all are enjoying the long holiday weekend. Just checking in. I have two of five strips of the daffodil ghan joined using the Dudessembly method (I"m LOVING it). At this rate, I may be bordering this thing by mid next week.

Joyce

Yikes! The CAL that ate Manhattan! I've been away from the boards for awhile, and look what happened! I tried reading up, but I couldn't get through it all. Are you guys still accepting new people for this monster CAL?

I've been inspired by Yammy's post on show and tell called "Fast and Easy Scrapghan" showing her Scrumptuous Scraps ghan. I think it would make a great CAL on it's own, but there isn't one right now. I posted at the end of Yammy's thread what my wacky plans were for making different color themes for each of my five kids... I'll paste that here if this CAL is still open.

Archived