Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

Thank you. Here is a link to the pattern I'm using http://www.crochetcabana.com/charity/charity-patterns.htm

Thanks so much!

Psst, I saved the pattern in an email, if you want.

OK, here I am asking for a kick in the pants :eek

I have finished 17/25 squares for the daffodil ghan but I've become obsessed with a housewarming gift for a dear friend who is buying a house. It starts with the market tote from Lion Brand, made in Sugar and Cream cotton and will include a cutie dishcloth pattern I found and a bath scrubby, and some non crochet stuff I picked up and I'm so excited about putting that package together that I've lost interest in the daffodil ghan. HELP?!?!?!

Joyce

kick.gifcoverlaugh.gifIsn't that a horrible little smiley? petting.gif Okay, Joyce I'm not sure if I'm the one to give you that gentle little push because I'm not getting much done on mine either. Just so much going on right now.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everyone! I lurk in here, but haven't posted...

I've been working on an afghan for awhile, and need some advice...

My daughter thinks its ugly (gotta love honest kids) and that I should make two afghans with it instead... so I'm throwing it out here... what do you guys think... I like them either way... I'm not making it for anyone particular going to try to sell it/them

here's following the pattern:

HPIM1100.jpg

Here's what they look like separated:

HPIM1101.jpgHPIM1102.jpg

Very Nice! Mixing the colors would be my pick :)

Psst, I saved the pattern in an email, if you want.

OK, here I am asking for a kick in the pants :eek

I have finished 17/25 squares for the daffodil ghan but I've become obsessed with a housewarming gift for a dear friend who is buying a house. It starts with the market tote from Lion Brand, made in Sugar and Cream cotton and will include a cutie dishcloth pattern I found and a bath scrubby, and some non crochet stuff I picked up and I'm so excited about putting that package together that I've lost interest in the daffodil ghan. HELP?!?!?!

Joyce

Consider yourself kicked! Only 8 squares to go ~ you can do it!

Joyce,

When I get like that with a project, I plan out a little of that project for each day, get it done first, then take the rest of the day to work on my obsession of the moment! Then when I get towards the end, I usually just want it DONE, so I work on that compulsively.

Speaking of ALMOST done - I am on round 2 of 4 of my lacy stars! I hope to finish it today! :clap I *think* I might not run out of the yarn, it will definitely be close! I'm pretty sure I'm good to go, though!

Pics later!

Joyce

That can happen so easily especially when you are loving working on the new project. Maybe you could do this - do one Daffodil square a day - do that before you allow yourself to work on the housewarming gift - just one square. Then when it is done for the day, you can work on the market tote, dishcloth, etc as much as you want. You are so close to finishing the Daffodil afghan - soooo cloooose !!!

:cheer I'M DONE!!! :cheer

A couple days to spare and I finished! Yeeee-hah!

It's not a huge afghan, but all the rounds, color changes and joins really took time. I am going to wash this one and dry it lightly, then stretch it out a bit to dry, as it's a bit wonky. My borders always go wonky, even when I make sure to work tightly. I don't know why - I think I'm going to start dropping down a hook size, too. Maybe that will cure it?

Here it is!

lacystardone.jpg

Krystal, that's beautiful. Way to go!

I want to thank everyone for your encouragement on the daffodil ghan. I will definitely set daily goals with that one until the final eight squares are complete. I'm using Chris SImon patterns so it's not like it takes that long. I think a reasonable goal after work is 2 per night until they're done and if I finish two, and I have time before bed, I can work on other stuff.

Joyce

It's not a huge afghan, but all the rounds, color changes and joins really took time. I am going to wash this one and dry it lightly, then stretch it out a bit to dry, as it's a bit wonky. My borders always go wonky, even when I make sure to work tightly. I don't know why - I think I'm going to start dropping down a hook size, too. Maybe that will cure it?

Here it is!

lacystardone.jpg

Krystal, that turned out beautifully! All the color changes do take a lot of time and can get tiresome. But that is so worth it! :cheer

Joyce, I think your daffodil afghan is going to be spectacular!

Here it is!

lacystardone.jpg

Krystal, That is gorgeous and love the colors. Very nice.

That can happen so easily especially when you are loving working on the new project. Maybe you could do this - do one Daffodil square a day - do that before you allow yourself to work on the housewarming gift - just one square. Then when it is done for the day, you can work on the market tote, dishcloth, etc as much as you want. You are so close to finishing the Daffodil afghan - soooo cloooose !!!

She's right, if you do one square a day starting let say tomorrow, you would be done with the squares by next Wednesday. If I were you I'd try and finish the afghan before you start the tote. The dishcloth would be easy to do. You can do that any day. You ARE so close with only 8 more to go. GO JMCCROCHET!:cheer :cheer :ghug

Here it is!

lacystardone.jpg

Oh that is absolutely beautiful - I love the blues! Great job!!

I will definitely set daily goals with that one until the final eight squares are complete.

Alright !!! You can do it - just think in about a week, they will all be done!!

Oh, did I mention I started ANOTHER afghan (my hook was just done with the lacy stars, not even cold yet!)...

This is the second of TWO that my DH volunteered me for. I have until 6/8 to finish this one - it's a Red, White & Blue one, side to side - not squares! Should go faster!

Sorry I've been MIA!! I got a bit done on my "Mother's Day" afghan today...got all the hexagons done and joined, and started on the ripple. My mom saw it and is in love with it and gave me until Fathers Day to complete it haha. I'm going to try to get it done by the time my sister goes into labor though. Only two weeks left!

As for the shell stitch blanket...it is still coming along. It is my WIP at my boyfriend's house so I only get to work on it when I am over there and not completely exhausted from work. Now that school is out that should be a lot more!

Well, I got two solid yellow squares done tonight and some more work done on the tote I'm working on. I'm satisfied. Time for bed:night

Joyce

Oh, did I mention I started ANOTHER afghan (my hook was just done with the lacy stars, not even cold yet!)...

This is the second of TWO that my DH volunteered me for. I have until 6/8 to finish this one - it's a Red, White & Blue one, side to side - not squares! Should go faster!

Will add it to the list. You're on a roll, lady! :yay

My goodness girl !! You do move fast :cheer Can't wait to see your new patriotic afghan - also since DH is so good at volunteering you - he must be awfully proud of the work you do. But maybe you need to teach him how to crochet too :hook

I got a bit done on my "Mother's Day" afghan today...got all the hexagons done and joined, and started on the ripple. My mom saw it and is in love with it and gave me until Fathers Day to complete it haha. I'm going to try to get it done by the time my sister goes into labor though. Only two weeks left!

That is great :clap - it sounds like such an interesting design and you got the biggest part of it done! Congrats on the upcoming neice or nephew - how exciting!!

Furball: Beautiful result!

Krystal: I love all of the afghans you make! you do such amazing work!

To everyone else who posted pictures: I loved them all! My memory just isn't good enough to remember that many names!

Jess: Can't wait to see a picture of your ripple!

My ripple has been put to the back burner, I was supposed to have it done today.... but i've moved my wedding date up a year (hopefully) and have been trying to get everything to fall into place! Its a rainy dreary day here though, so maybe i'll crochet the day away!

I did an ENTIRE SQUARE with the wrong size hook!!! I only realized it when I was about to join it to the afghan! (there is a good side to this, though LOL. Now I can make a matching pillow)

Glad you are able to see the silver lining :hook . Can't wait to see the pillow

Joyce

Y'know... I have to remember that EVERY NOW and THEN it is a good thing to take on a simpler pattern. This RW&B afghan is flying off my hooks - rows are so much faster than squares that change colors every few rounds! :D

So, you'll be done and have pics even sooner, huh? :clap:D

I finished two more squares tonight, so four down, four to go for daffodil afghan:woo

I also got some more work done on the tote I'm making as a housewarming gift and the BEST news there is the friend for whom I'm making it asked me tonight whether I would make her one if she went with me to buy the yarn. I love being sneaky like that. I'm making the tote and a few dishcloths and a bath puffy for her and will use some non-homemade things and I'm just soooooo excited that she asked, and offered to buy the yarn, that I can't stand myself. Sorry, totally off topic!

On topic, thanks to all for encouraging me the other day. Setting that daily goal was crucial to getting that last afghan done!

Joyce

I did an ENTIRE SQUARE with the wrong size hook!!! I only realized it when I was about to join it to the afghan! (there is a good side to this, though LOL. Now I can make a matching pillow)

Oh no !!! But it will be nice to have that matching pillow :)

I finished two more squares tonight, so four down, four to go for daffodil afghan

That is AWESOME !! :yay You are almost done with the squares - WOW!

Go Joyce! :cheer Go Joyce! :cheer Go Joyce! :cheer

That is so funny about your friend wanting you to make the tote for her. I guess you must know her pretty well - she is going to be so surprised!

Hi everyone, I have been MIA lately. Just got caught up on all the gorgeous work everyone is doing. Krystal, your afghan is beautiful. :yay What lovely colors. I am still working on the baby afghan. I have another row done and am working on the 4th row of blocks of 6. It's a slow goer because I only work on that when I go places.

I've started my first item of clothing. I picked up a pattern for a very easy shrug in Marble yarn. What nice yarn to work with. So soft. If it wasn't $5.00 a 3 oz. skein I'd love to make an afghan with it. :) So far, so good.

I also have 2 quilt style afghans going. One I designed myself and the Prairie Star. I miss you guys. I'm going to have to start more just so I can hang out here again. I did finish the yellow ripple finally. I finally found the yarn I needed. Oh well, back to work.

Archived