Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

Originally Posted by darcee viewpost.gif

Okay. I'm doing a fan quilt style afghan with peaches and cream cotton. Also have started a southwestern style.

Originally Posted by MiniBooger viewpost.gif

I'm in! I just started an afghan that I need to complete by mother's day

I'm making this one in pale yellow and gold/orange. So far, 15/48 squares completed.

Originally Posted by tahlara viewpost.gif

Barbara Jean - Will you put me up for Diagonal Texture afghan ? It's an original design, based on an stitch that I am doing diagonally.

I plan to use up the red heart yarns in different 6 colors. They are pretty untouched except for one square per skein I did for a charity.

Whoo Hoo :yay Welcome everyone!!

I got the 2nd round of all of my (42) squares done today... I've got to get moving on it quicker, though - I think the raffle is mid-May!

You can do it!!!! You are a very fast crocheter. I know you will make it. I can't wait to see it.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got two squares done last night :D

49/70

Yeah Nutsaboutcrochet, you are almost at the 50 square mark, yeah. :clap

I finished two more strips on my Rainbow Sherbert afghan today. Now there are 9 strips connected. There are seven more strips to connect. If I can connect one a day, everybody, by next weekend I should be able to start the Picot stitch. Plus I did two more rounds on my blue/yellow afghan.

I finished two more strips on my Rainbow Sherbert afghan today. Now there are 9 strips connected. There are seven more strips to connect. If I can connect one a day, everybody, by next weekend I should be able to start the Picot stitch. Plus I did two more rounds on my blue/yellow afghan.

That is great! :cheer Hopefully you can start that Picot next weekend. You are getting a lot done!

Well, I looked at the baby afghan I started and decided I didn't like the pattern :ohdear. So, I'm frogging it out and trying to find another I want to work on. Fortunantly, I only got a few rows done so I don't have far to go. Anyone have any thoughts????:think

The Harmony afghan is the cats favorite. They are always on it. I'm in the middle of a ripple and an MAM that I need to finish. So I'd better get back to it. :hook

Wow, folks are making progress. Congrats to all and welcome to everyone who has joined.

I have 2.5 squares for the daffodil afghan done and am hoping to have many more done after this weekend.

Joyce

Got two squares done last night :D

49/70

Now, why does that not surprise me? ;)

Yeah Nutsaboutcrochet, you are almost at the 50 square mark, yeah. :clap

You're doing great!

Hee hee...it shouldn't surprise you...

Finished another two on the plane yesterday...One even before we took off...they were having trouble with the nose gear light that took a while to fix, meanwhile we were all roasting in the plane! They finally opened the doors to let the breeze in...then the veiw getting in to Tampa...it's gorgeous! I've never been to Florida so this is great. I didn't know I'd have access to the internet either but here I am, at least until we leave for the beach!

51/70

:hot

I managed to get one more hexagon done for my mother's day blanket between all of my school chaos!! I have 3 more to go before I join them and start on the blanket part. After Tuesday morning I will be done with school except for one exam that is not until the following Wednesday, so I should be able to really crank some stuff out!! :cheer

I am working on a baby afghan for a friend from work and I'm kind of stalled. I got bored with it so I need to motivate myself to finish (I only have eight inches left to go). I would like to join so I can try to get this finished.

:D

Hee hee...it shouldn't surprise you...

Finished another two on the plane yesterday...One even before we took off...they were having trouble with the nose gear light that took a while to fix, meanwhile we were all roasting in the plane! They finally opened the doors to let the breeze in...then the veiw getting in to Tampa...it's gorgeous! I've never been to Florida so this is great. I didn't know I'd have access to the internet either but here I am, at least until we leave for the beach!

51/70

:hot

I've never flown so I've never had that experience. I've heard many people say what an experience it is to fly into WV and land at our largest airport. The airport is on the top of a mountain and they say it's quite frightening to watch yourself land because it just doesn't look possible. :D You're doing great on your afghan. ;)

I managed to get one more hexagon done for my mother's day blanket between all of my school chaos!! I have 3 more to go before I join them and start on the blanket part. After Tuesday morning I will be done with school except for one exam that is not until the following Wednesday, so I should be able to really crank some stuff out!! :cheer

Lucky mom!

I have all nine daffodil squares completed for my next afghan. That leaves 16 other squares in solid colors to do.

Joyce

Joyce, I'm so anxious to see that one completed - a field of daffodils!

I am working on a baby afghan for a friend from work and I'm kind of stalled. I got bored with it so I need to motivate myself to finish (I only have eight inches left to go). I would like to join so I can try to get this finished.

Hi brennae! Welcome to the 'Ville and to the Afghan CAL. You've come to the right place for motivation. We'd love to see a picture of your progress. :clap

I'll add your name and your project to the first post of this thread. When you've completed the afghan I'll update it to show your completed project.

Tonight I finished the comfortghan for my co-worker who had a radical mastectomy last week. Several Crochetville members helped by donating squares. There are some squares that didn't get to me in time so I'll turn them into a pillow to go along with the afghan. Tomorrow I'll call and see if she's up to having company later this week and I'll give them to her then.

Tonight I finished the comfortghan for my co-worker who had a radical mastectomy last week. Several Crochetville members helped by donating squares. There are some squares that didn't get to me in time so I'll turn them into a pillow to go along with the afghan. Tomorrow I'll call and see if she's up to having company later this week and I'll give them to her then.

Laurie You did a beautiful job with that afghan

Joyce

I'm past the halfway mark :yay 30/48. I just may make mother's day with this yet!

Sunrise-Sunset.jpg

Those are gorgeous and so bright and cheery! Of course you can make mother's day with that !

Joyce

Laurie, That is Gorgeous! Let us know what she thought. The pillow is a great addition to the afghan too.

Originally Posted by MiniBooger viewpost.gif

I'm past the halfway mark :yay 30/48. I just may make mother's day with this yet!

Sunrise-Sunset.jpg

First of all great color combination. Secondly I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT. THEY LOOK LIKE SUNS, A GREAT LITTLE SUNSHINE FOR MOTHER'S DAY.

Fantastic! I know what a challenge it is to connect squares made from different patterns and several different people. You did great! I hope your co-worker recovers quickly.

Sunrise-Sunset.jpg

That is delightful! I love yellow so much. I think that I just may do a yellow projcet next. Where did you get this pattern?

Mini & Laurie, those are just beautiful!

I love the basket Mini is using. That's a great idea. I have a tote bag for my WIP's so I can take it back and forth to work, but I like the basket for working at home.

My boss' sister was diagnosed with breast cancer this spring. It was the most aggressive form, but they think they caught it early and removed the lump. They did not find any in the lymph nodes, but she still has to have chemo, for 9 months, because they can't be positive they got absolutely every cancer cell.

All that to say, I want to make her a lapghan and I've been looking through the posts here to get some ideas. Everything is just beautiful - it's so hard to decide what to do. I really like the pattern Mini is doing. It is so bright and cheery. Maybe I'll do that pattern - I think I have it at home (or at least something very similar to it).

What do you guys think? It looks so bright and positive. But maybe it would be too much for someone not feeling well? :think

Mini's pattern is free on the coats & clark website - it's called sunrise/sunset.. In the pattern, it's light sage and dark sage - very appealing. I have seen it done in gray/black, blue/blue, etc. I am doing it rainbow background where the "sun" is yellow (it's SOMEWHERE on my blog!). That pattern can be made with any color combo you like and would be beautiful!

Mini's pattern is free on the coats & clark website - it's called sunrise/sunset.. In the pattern, it's light sage and dark sage - very appealing. I have seen it done in gray/black, blue/blue, etc. I am doing it rainbow background where the "sun" is yellow (it's SOMEWHERE on my blog!). That pattern can be made with any color combo you like and would be beautiful!

Thanks Krystal because I want to chect the pattern out too. That is just beautiful.

Mini & Laurie, those are just beautiful!

I love the basket Mini is using. That's a great idea. I have a tote bag for my WIP's so I can take it back and forth to work, but I like the basket for working at home.

My boss' sister was diagnosed with breast cancer this spring. It was the most aggressive form, but they think they caught it early and removed the lump. They did not find any in the lymph nodes, but she still has to have chemo, for 9 months, because they can't be positive they got absolutely every cancer cell.

All that to say, I want to make her a lapghan and I've been looking through the posts here to get some ideas. Everything is just beautiful - it's so hard to decide what to do. I really like the pattern Mini is doing. It is so bright and cheery. Maybe I'll do that pattern - I think I have it at home (or at least something very similar to it).

What do you guys think? It looks so bright and positive. But maybe it would be too much for someone not feeling well? :think

I think that afghan would be perfect for your friend - especially in the colors Mini is using. But then I'm partial to yellow. ;)

Have you seen the breast cancer ribbon afghans in this thread?

Oh, yes! I looked at that picture when she posted it. I remember it now that you mentioned the colors. I'll have to hop over to your blog and see yours.

I need to get a picture of my new one posted. It's very simple so not really much to see. :)

Thanks, Barbara Jean -

I actually disabled comments because I wanted it to be an information-only blog for my charity stuff. I didn't want to have to moderate comments, too. Some people aren't so nice, ya know?

BTW, my lacy squares afghan is coming along... I've got to have it done by May 18th, so I sat and figured out what I have to do each day to keep on track. It's not so bad! (only about 5 rounds each day, or a little over an hour)

:D

Archived