Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally got some pictures of my diagonal blanket uploaded. Thank you for this CAL, it keep me sane with this 3 year long WIP. :)

th_IMG_0845.jpg Huge blanket that covers my love seat futon couch.

th_IMG_0847.jpg Close-up of the stitch, (sc,dc,sc)

I finished two-12 pt RR's for teekaycee's charity effort. I had done two others, but they got lost in the mail. I'll take pictures of these before I send them out (in a package I can track) and post them.

deb

I finally got some pictures of my diagonal blanket uploaded. Thank you for this CAL, it keep me sane with this 3 year long WIP. :)

th_IMG_0845.jpg Huge blanket that covers my love seat futon couch.

th_IMG_0847.jpg Close-up of the stitch, (sc,dc,sc)

Diane, that's pretty

I think I will i am starting a corner to corner afghan tonight :)

Welcome. I've added you to the second post

Here is my Garden Patio afghan...

th_GardenPatio.jpg

Click image to enlarge.

Sorry it's a little blurry. And here is a close up of the zigzag joining I made up.

th_Picture028.jpg

Clicky!

I have written up the pattern if anyone is interested.

That turned out great. I've updated your listing on post 2

I started the Lionbrand Suede Striped Lapghan yesterday. I am about 1/4 done with the main body.

You have also been added to our list.

Welcome to everyone and congrats on finished projects. Sorry that I've been away. I think I"m caught up

Joyce

Can you please add: "Reba's afghan" to my list? I'm hoping to get this done for Christmas. Found the pattern here: http://www.happyyellowhouse.com/htm/tiles.html

It's a pattern made by one of us for the Crochet Games of Ancient Greece. I'm making my squares a little looser, so am only doing 7 rows of 6 squares, I think.

deb

OK, I got the blanket for my brother done. I followed the pattern exactly and had the tiniest amount of yarn left over so, I must have done it right, right?

Well it is several inches narrower than the pattern says, a bit shorter and the boarder is not quite as wide as the pattern shows. It is more of a wrap than a blanket. I will send it to my Brother anyway because the colors are great and the yarn feels so soft and luxurious. He will be able to keep warmer with it while watching TV or reading etc.

It will go out this week as a "Not for Christmas, just because gift".

Hope he likes it!

I have another of the same kit (lionbrand striped blanket in suede yarn) so I will try and adjust the pattern to get more of a square this time. I am also going to double up the width of the stripes so I son't have to change colors every row.

Not sure who will get the second one. Probably the local VA.

I am about halfway through the body of the throw for my brother (after and ENTIRE day of sitting on the couch crocheting!).

I will continue the work today and tomorrow. I might get it done for Christmas after all!!!

Can you please add: "Reba's afghan" to my list? I'm hoping to get this done for Christmas. Found the pattern here: http://www.happyyellowhouse.com/htm/tiles.html

It's a pattern made by one of us for the Crochet Games of Ancient Greece. I'm making my squares a little looser, so am only doing 7 rows of 6 squares, I think.

deb

Added to second post

OK, I got the blanket for my brother done. I followed the pattern exactly and had the tiniest amount of yarn left over so, I must have done it right, right?

Well it is several inches narrower than the pattern says, a bit shorter and the boarder is not quite as wide as the pattern shows. It is more of a wrap than a blanket. I will send it to my Brother anyway because the colors are great and the yarn feels so soft and luxurious. He will be able to keep warmer with it while watching TV or reading etc.

It will go out this week as a "Not for Christmas, just because gift".

Hope he likes it!

I have another of the same kit (lionbrand striped blanket in suede yarn) so I will try and adjust the pattern to get more of a square this time. I am also going to double up the width of the stripes so I son't have to change colors every row.

Not sure who will get the second one. Probably the local VA.

Updated second post. Do you have a pic?

Wow! It's been forever since I've visited this thread! The yoyo afghan as been put on hold until I can finish the one I'm making for the holidays.

It's another charted afghan like my Daniel Craig lapghan.... based on this picture:

th_originalpenguindoodle.jpg

This is one of the many penguin doodles my dad made for my mom (who loves penguins). I took this picture and turned it into this:

th_thepenguinstencil.jpg

Which I turned into this:

th_thepenguinchart.jpg

It will be an afghan for them both for the holidays. I don't know if my dad remembers the doodle, so I'm framing it and putting it in with the afghan. :D

The chart is in black and white, but I'm working the beak in orange just like the original doodle. I'm almost done with the chart work, I'll take a picture and post it when I do! :hook

Wow! It's been forever since I've visited this thread! The yoyo afghan as been put on hold until I can finish the one I'm making for the holidays.

It's another charted afghan like my Daniel Craig lapghan.... based on this picture:

th_originalpenguindoodle.jpg

This is one of the many penguin doodles my dad made for my mom (who loves penguins). I took this picture and turned it into this:

th_thepenguinstencil.jpg

Which I turned into this:

th_thepenguinchart.jpg

It will be an afghan for them both for the holidays. I don't know if my dad remembers the doodle, so I'm framing it and putting it in with the afghan. :D

The chart is in black and white, but I'm working the beak in orange just like the original doodle. I'm almost done with the chart work, I'll take a picture and post it when I do! :hook

I cannot wait to see this one. What a great, thoughtful gift for your parents. Please, please, please keep us updated.

no pics, sorry! i'm not that great at computer pics

That's ok, just checking

Joyce

I'm done with the chart! Here's what it looked like as of yesterday:

chartfinished.jpg

That black under the white of the belly is not as noticeable in person.

It gets bigger and bigger every day. :crocheting

I'm shooting for 12" of the granny square border.

Wow! I love it, you made a fantastic job and the doodle looks great in that frame, you and your dad are both really talented.

This does look fantastic. What a great gift. I agree with krazy-kitty, you and your dad are both talented.

Joyce

I'm done with the chart! Here's what it looked like as of yesterday:

chartfinished.jpg

That black under the white of the belly is not as noticeable in person.

It gets bigger and bigger every day. :crocheting

I'm shooting for 12" of the granny square border.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm going to switch to the "Having Fun and getting it done 2009" thread for keeping track of my projects. I'll come back to visit every so often, good luck with all of your projects!!

Happy New Year!

Deb

Deb, I'm sorry to see you go, but I'm now having a hard time keeping up with this thread given some life changes. I think I may PM the mods to archive this unless someone else wants to take it over. Anyone?

Archived